1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. McKriss

McKriss Senior Member

Hello everyone, I'm a mid-20s web designer, physicist, all-around problem solver with a PRL addiction and shallow pockets. Hope to have a great time around here.

2. BDaniel

BDaniel New Member

Name is Brian but go by BDaniel. My friend J Norman started a blog www.jnormanpost.com and will be opening up a clothing store in Buffalo, NY called J Norman. He is a huge fashionista and has traveled across the country to check out the latest styles which he plans on incorporating with J Norman. Please check the site out and look for sales to begin soon.

Look forward to seeing what other people suggest in regards to clothing styles.

3. ACutAbove

ACutAbove New Member

My name is Justin and I'm a new member although I've been lurking for quite sometime. I have gotten more into style over the years after years of frustrations with off the rack suits. As a young executive my wardrobe is ever expanding with a focus on quality rather than quantity.

Happy to be here...

4. Yowzer

Yowzer Senior Member

Hi there

Yowzer here, based in Brisbane Australia. Been lurking a while and decided to join to be a participant in the interesting discussions here.

Learnt quite a bit just by lurking the last 2 years. Lurking gotme interested in shoes and the bug hasn't left since. Terrible, expensive 'hobby'... Cheerio!

5. borbor

borbor Senior Member

Hello: Borbor here

Based in Toronto, Canada. Been lurking for a while, and fortunate enough to work in the fashion side of the business so I can dress on both sides of the coin. I do prefer to dress sharply on a day to day basis.

Got a huge interest in shoe, 7 pairs of golf shoes alone [​IMG] GF and I constantly fight for shoe rack space :)

Cheers

6. Tendon

Tendon Member

Hi,
    I'm a student based in Sydney, Australia. Honestly, knew very little about style until a month or two ago, when I started lurking here. Nice to be here [​IMG]

7. habibi

habibi New Member

Hello,

I'm an attorney living in New York, originally from Chicago (city, not suburbs). I love good suits, when I can afford them (or snag a good buy). I also like street wear - raw selvedge denim, cool sneakers, crazy patterned shirts (no Robert Graham please), too much jewelry and accessories (for a dude - but no earrings), and baseball caps (once in a while.

Favorite recent purchases are a genuine panama hat from JJ Hatters on Fifth in Midtown Manhattan, a Christian Dior jacket that I snagged off the street for $10 - (I had to get some modifications done), some raw denim, no label jeans I picked up in Wicker Park in Chicago, and a ridiculous Pal Zileri pinstriped beige suit and floral tie from Leonard Paris, both at Dino Baldini (on Madison Ave in NYC), a store I love, but probably should not be shopping at very often. Also, a new Raymond Weil watch, which was a big step up for me in the watch game. I have a large collection of traditional keffiyas (Arab men's scarves) from travelling and living in the Middle East that I treasure more than anything.

I hope I don't come across as arrogant. I didn't have a ton of money growing up, and I probably spend a bit recklessly now that I have some. But I try my best not to get too attached to material things. Looking forward to contributing.

Thanks,

Habibi

8. eenie15

eenie15 New Member

Hello,

my name is Andrew and I just joined to use this site to find clothes that aren't listed on eBay. I used to be a sneakerhead, or whatever you want to call it...but now I'm broke and looking to sell my shoes and clothing :).

9. ladybyrd

ladybyrd New Member

Female poster into Men's fashion.
    Into mod/suedehead/skinhead items. Men's fashion complements women's fashion, and a lot of tips can be taken from some of the posts I've seen on her. Into higher quality, SHARP purchases. (Yes, that's S.H.A.R.P)

10. Colman

Colman New Member

New member here.

I've lurked for a while, but basically I started an account as I sadly might be selling my very new ToJ baseball jacket...

I didn't join before as I didn't think I had a whole lot to add to the threads. Still not sure, but oh well.

I'm moving to the US v soon, to keep studenting for a few more years.

11. RZ13

RZ13 New Member

Hello, new guy from CA.

I've recently got a big boy job, so now I have the means to work on a nicer wardrobe. I'm here to learn!

12. Benjimin

Benjimin New Member

Hello, I'm Benjimin. I'm new here; to the forum and to the world of fashion. I'm 28 and I'm a single father to a beautiful 7 year old girl. I'm 5' 11", 150 lbs and I have no clue how to put clothes on that frame. Hopefully this place can teach me a thing or two.

13. iluvbrownale

iluvbrownale New Member

G'day. Mike here, mid 30's, haven't worn business wear for over a decade as I have run my own businesses. Now in a suit daily and hanging around the forum enjoying tips and support. Just posted my first question in the Ask a Question thread if you care to look.

14. AX2007

AX2007 Active Member

Hello all... I'm A, I'm in NYC and I usually wear 44S suits. I'm on here trying to get advice and learn a thing or two about clothing.

15. elfinstone

elfinstone New Member

Bonjour!

In my 40ies. European. No sneakers, ever, too old for them anyhow. Getting back into shape, therefore starting to be able to wear nice clothing at affordable prices. Got sacked last year, from a biotech company, doing very well financially but decided to let go of a 1000 people. Hence, time to move on and look for new opportunities!

Love clothing but not as much as I love shoes. English brands preferably.

Oh, first time I join an English speaking forum.

See you in the club.