• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

inexpensive suits

modatos

Reaction score
hello!

I am looking to buy 4-5 or more winter formal suits in various colors

but they are for work, so i need them to be really inexpensive

do you know any place that I could shop?

below 80 USD each, would be ideally

I dont care much about actual quality or design, I just need them not to look cheap

thanks!

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
H&M or Target for the range that you are looking for.
or 2nd hand at goodwill etc. Some people have gotten great gear

DJosef

Reaction score
My humble experience is that unless a tailor is involved in e the equation, you can spend three grand and still look like a slob. :) H&M plus a cheap tailor was a winning combo for me.
The only thing I dislike about H&M is that they don't do working breast pockets. And in the latest collection their jackets feature mock pocket squares, which is a blocking issue for me, at least.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...save your money. It's a waste of $400. Why are you buying suits for winter anyway? Is this a seasonal job? If you buy them, please post pictures of you wearing the suits.
lurker[1].gif

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 for thrift shops...

My first suit was one I paid $500 for at Men's Wearhouse. Everything else, I've thrifted. The best fitting and looking one is one I paid $25.

superfishy8

Reaction score
why the need for such cheap prices? depending on where you live, whatever suits you find on the street and just try on sizes until you find one that fits well?

modatos

Reaction score
well i find locally suits for 100 usd, with good quality, on sales season
but they have limited colors

i wondered if i could have a bargain with an overseas shop, given that i will place a bulk order and that i need many colors

many things surprisingly are cheaper when bought overseas, including shipping, but suits seem dont follow the rule

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well i find locally suits for 100 usd, with good quality, on sales season
but they have limited colors
i wondered if i could have a bargain with an overseas shop, given that i will place a bulk order and that i need many colors
many things surprisingly are cheaper when bought overseas, including shipping, but suits seem dont follow the rule

...definition of "quality?"...examples?

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suits ordered online from low-cost foreign suitmakers likely would look cheap, due to poor fit. Why not buy just 2-3 suits locally for a few hundred dollars each? Here's where location, description of suits already owned, etc. would help.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suits ordered online from low-cost foreign suitmakers likely would look cheap, due to poor fit. Why not buy just 2-3 suits locally for a few hundred dollars each? Here's where location, description of suits already owned, etc. would help.

+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads