• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People who look at Indochino's photos and say "Yeah, that's what I want" should be sent to re-education camps.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pylon
Oh God, and I just looked at IndoChino's latest suits. The velvet ones are 100% cotton velvet? Not even silk/poly or silk? They might as well be drapes or a cheap throw pillow or something.

Almost everything uses cotton velvet these days afaik, silk velvet is very expensive.

mjc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pylon
And while, yeah, 100% silk velvet at probably $200/yard isn't in their range, if you're not going to do a nice-feeling/looking alternative, why bother at all?

I think the intent is that you will take it to a local artisan, who will paint an image of Elvis on the velvet. Or wolves.
laugh.gif

- Mike

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Almost everything uses cotton velvet these days afaik, silk velvet is very expensive.

+1

I've actually seen some amazing cotton velvet. Incotex makes some beautiful velet cords.

I'm not using this as an endorsement of Indochino. I don't think Indochino should be an approved SF suit. Most of the pics I've seen here are just terrible. I also have a hard time believing that the ones that do look good are not posted by Indochino.

LorenzL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
+1

I've actually seen some amazing cotton velvet. Incotex makes some beautiful velet cords.

I'm not using this as an endorsement of Indochino. I don't think Indochino should be an approved SF suit. Most of the pics I've seen here are just terrible. I also have a hard time believing that the ones that do look good are not posted by Indochino.

I realize one picture is not enough to judget the suit completely, but I'd really be interested in what you think is wrong about this one:

IMG_1996_2.JPG

It's my blueprint windowpane suit - wore it at a wedding recently, hot day so I got rid of the tie after a while (I usually don't like suits without ties).

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LorenzL
I realize one picture is not enough to judget the suit completely, but I'd really be interested in what you think is wrong about this one:

IMG_1996_2.JPG

It's my blueprint windowpane suit - wore it at a wedding recently, hot day so I got rid of the tie after a while (I usually don't like suits without ties).

Looks good man! I think you're the exception to the rule.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Inadequate rise, but otherwise solid.

mossmadness88

Reaction score

IMG_1996_2.JPG

Looks great

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure what that means? (not a native speaker)

The pants would look better if they went higher, on your waist instead of your hips.

Professor Chaos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
The pants would look better if they went higher, on your waist instead of your hips.
translate: "the pants would look better if you were an old man" By traditional standards, the jacket is too short and the rise on the pants is two low. But you're young and in good shape. The cut works very well for you. Sleeves look a bit wide, but it might just be the photo.

LorenzL

Reaction score
thanks for explaining! I specifically got this jacket 1 inch shorter than usual and the pants without pleats, my "work suits" are all a bit longer. I wanted one with a more fasionable cut/length.

The rise of my pants is usually lower, but that is mainly due to my somehow shorter legs and my slim waist - all pants I have just slide down, unless I close them very tight above the hip bone and then it don't like how it looks. Perhaps I should get the crotch of the pants a bit bigger? Not sure, I got used to the fact that all my pants sit rather low.

Btw, in the photo, there was some wind from behind (or my arm was just in motion), so the left sleeve appears bulky
smile.gif

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Professor Chaos
translate: "the pants would look better if you were an old man"

I don't think any reasonable people believe that. Low-rise pants throw off proportions. It's that simple.

Professor Chaos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
I don't think any reasonable people believe that. Low-rise pants throw off proportions. It's that simple.
Preferences for proportions are not universal. First, it depends on the person who is wearing it. I'm 6'5" with long lengs, and when my pants sit on my waist, it looks stupid. My legs are just way too long for that to look good. Sitting on the hips is also a more modern look. In this case, this looks like an informal, youthful suit. The low waist looks completely congruent with that. Pants rising to the natural waist would probably throw the whole thing off.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Professor Chaos
Sitting on the hips is also a more modern look.

If you think that there is such a thing as a "modern look," I can't help you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads