• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'iGent Myths Busted!'

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Enough to give me those gorgeous checked trousers? You know the ones!

Thanks Spoo!

Tell me when you clean out your closet, we can do tradesies.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

andreyb2

Reaction score
RSS,

Glad you are back!

Sherwoods' books (both "Savile Row" and recently published "Perfect Gentleman") are just glorified collections of press releases. Very boring stuff. Nice pictures, though.

A&S book is excellent. But I heard it's sold out and difficult to find these days... unless Darren Beaman would send you a copy. :)

Andrey

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RSS,

Glad you are back!

Sherwoods' books (both "Savile Row" and recently published "Perfect Gentleman") are just glorified collections of press releases. Very boring stuff. Nice pictures, though.

A&S book is excellent. But I heard it's sold out and difficult to find these days... unless Darren Beaman would send you a copy. :)

Andrey
Andrey, you are wicked ... in the best possible way.

I've found the A&S book on the second hand market. It's ordered. If I can find the Sherwood books at a good price, I might order for the photos. Thanks for the tips.

And thanks for the welcome back!

Last edited:

Ivar

Reaction score
Yep, very lovely.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And how did he get that baked Alaska so neatly into his breast pocket?

(Just kidding, dear RSS, just kidding.)

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

And how did he get that baked Alaska so neatly into his breast pocket?

(Just kidding, dear RSS, just kidding.)
I do tend to like peaks.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Navy blazer, mid-grey trou. Navy blazer, cream/buff trou or chinos. Morning dress. The stroller. I'm certainly not doubting that you look smashing in your dark brown cords. I have some myself that I wear on weekends. I'm referring just to the standard odd jacket/trouser outfits that have been worn consistently for decades. I'm open to suggestions for other combinations as being classic. Is a camel hair odd jacket really a classic? To me it looks like a fabric for overcoats. I usually see it as an odd jacket only in Jack Victor ads. Am I crazy?

I had one made up partly because I don't see them much around here, and partly because I associated the look with old guy leisure.

RSS, that is a great suit. Glad to have you back.

moi aussi, RSS. For the good of your mental health and blood pressure, stay out of the CE -- it is more egregious than ever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads