• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I could please borrow your discerning eyes

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell from looking if this blazer is from one of the superior (Napoli/Sartoriale) or inferior (Soft/Z Zegna) lines of Ermenegildo Zegna. There is no information posted on the auction, but I thought you might be able to tell. 6x2 Navy Blazer

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, it's newer. I have the same blazer. It is from the EZ line. I bought it about three years ago. Mine came with blue buttons attached (which I left on) but also came with a bag full of the brass buttons as pictured. The fabric is really nice, and there is hand stitching on the lapels and pockets. It is quite hard to tell from the pictures whether this one is of the same quality. You should maybe ask the seller if there is the pick stitching on the lapels. But, if it's like mine, it's really nice.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suppose it is Zegna Soft or Z Zegna - What is it worth?

What is it worth if it is Sartoriale?

I realize that is subjective, but what is your opinion?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, we know it's not Z Zegna -- that line is newer.

I doubt it's Zegna Soft -- simply not consistent styling with that line, and you can see the tags on the thing, so I doubt the seller is outright lying about the retail price.

FWIW, 1450 would be consistent with the price of a Sartorial line blazer over the past few years.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, mine was made in Switzerland, and it looks like the tag in the neck of the jacket has that same label. Look, if I'm right, it's a nice blazer. What's it worth? It's worth what you are willing to pay.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, from the pic I'm 90% sure this is a fully canvassed coat. If you are looking for a 6x2 blue blazer, this is going to end up at a pretty darn good price. If this is what you are looking for, it would be a steal at under $200 in my opinion.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's a regular-line Zegna and is not necessarily old, could be quite recent.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, I think I'll bid. I've wanted a 6x2 navy blazer for a while, and your comments in this and my other post about a navy blazer have encouraged me to bite the bullet. Thanks.

corrected misspelling

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads