• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I saw GQgeek today!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MCsommerreid
Everyone of them that plays D&D V3. If they do deny it, it's a house rule. All someone needs is to buy the plate and have the heavy armor proficiency. Course, they're gonna continually fail at spell casting, so they wouldn't do it, but they physically can.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. What mmorpg? Clerics in some can wear heavy plate, but no offensive magic user can that I know of. The priest class in WoW can only wear clothe and that was quite frustrating to me on my priest. Agro management was a real art.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I think clerics are unfairly discriminated against, what would Luther-King say? Time for some civial disobedience, I'm not healing you bastards anymore!!!

Ah, the memories... I've intentionally done that when dumbasses over-aggro from nuking or do stupid **** like repeatedly targetting mezzed mobs. It's called /assist fgts!!
devil.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Ah, the memories... I've intentionally done that when dumbasses over-aggro from nuking or do stupid **** like repeatedly targetting mezzed mobs. It's called /assist fgts!!
devil.gif

What the **** does that mean? You need help.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
What the **** does that mean? You need help.

Ya, I'm the one that need help....
plain.gif

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=47478

Now, not that you really want to know, but I feel like educating your ass today. I call today's class hate lists 101.

To answer your question without getting into the details about how hate lists and aggro works, the first part means that a caster is doign too much damage, often too early in the fight, before the monster is sufficiently mad at the tank. Thus he attracts the attention of the monster away from the tank that is equipped to mitigate damage. This can cause all sorts of problems. With regards to my specific comment, however, since the caster is a cloth class with low defense skills and hitpoints, healing him is very inefficient in terms of a clerics' mana usage. Consequently, sometimes it's just better to let him die.

The other thing i said about waking mezzed mobs means waking mobs that have been put to sleep by an enchanter or similar class. Mezzing (from the word mesmerize; ie the state you are apparently in when you are looking at pictures focused on ed's crotch) is done when you pull multiple mobs at the same time so that you can focus on only one at a time. When the mob is disturbed, he'll either go straight for the enchanter, or if he's also rooted, start beating on whoever is closest, which is usually the idiot that woke him.

Lastly, /assisting is an eq (and other games too) macro you would create to select the target of your main tank. When you're in cramped quarters with lots of people and lots of mobs, sometimes target selection can be difficult and this helps to avoid a situation wherein you start attacking a mob that has been mezzed.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Dude, do you really think he knows what macro means, or mez?

Basically a group setup (5 or 6 people playing together): you have a couple guys who are there to do damage to an enemy but they wear lighter armor and can't suck up damage - if they get hit by the enemy(ies) they die really quickly.

Then you have one guy there (the tank) who wears heavy armor and forces enemies to attack him, so that the other guys aren't taking dmg. He's there to suck up as much dmg as possible.

Then you have a healer, who's job it is to keep the tank from dying.

The problem is that the guys with the light armor are generally overzealous about smacking things up, so they gain aggro (basically, the enemy gets pissed at them and starts wailing on them), and since they aren't wearing heavy armor like the tank, they get killed too quickly for the healer to heal, and they generally blame the healer for their own mistakes.

mezzing just refers to holding an enemy in place so that it can't attack anyone. however, if someone hits the mezzed mob, it unfreezes and starts attacking again (and they usually go for the healer). Crappy players will often times use attacks that blast a whole area instead of a single target, so that causes the mezzed mobs to wake up and start killing the healer. Then they subsequently blame the person doing the mez-work on their own idiocy.

So really, it becomes fun because there's a bunch of assholes yelling at each other and it gets addictive because you feel like YOU'RE not the one ******* up, so you can't stop until you beat it

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was just being an ass. Sadly, I know what macro and mez are
confused.gif
I'm also a master of min/maxing.

MCsommerreid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Sorry, I should have been more clear. What mmorpg? Clerics in some can wear heavy plate, but no offensive magic user can that I know of. The priest class in WoW can only wear clothe and that was quite frustrating to me on my priest. Agro management was a real art.

Ah, I don't know about MMORPGs far as stuff like that goes.

I do know in Oblivion you can totally rock the heavy armor, as well as in D&D and all derivative systems. That and Shadowrun are the extent of my RPG knowledge.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek

To answer your question without getting into the details about how hate lists and aggro works, the first part means that a caster is doign too much damage, often too early in the fight, before the monster is sufficiently mad at the tank. Thus he attracts the attention of the monster away from the tank that is equipped to mitigate damage. This can cause all sorts of problems. With regards to my specific comment, however, since the caster is a cloth class with low defense skills and hitpoints, healing him is very inefficient in terms of a clerics' mana usage. Consequently, sometimes it's just better to let him die.

The other thing i said about waking mezzed mobs means waking mobs that have been put to sleep by an enchanter or similar class. Mezzing (from the word mesmerize; ie the state you are apparently in when you are looking at pictures focused on ed's crotch) is done when you pull multiple mobs at the same time so that you can focus on only one at a time. When the mob is disturbed, he'll either go straight for the enchanter, or if he's also rooted, start beating on whoever is closest, which is usually the idiot that woke him.

Lastly, /assisting is an eq (and other games too) macro you would create to select the target of your main tank. When you're in cramped quarters with lots of people and lots of mobs, sometimes target selection can be difficult and this helps to avoid a situation wherein you start attacking a mob that has been mezzed.

Originally Posted by Brian SD
Then you have one guy there (the tank) who wears heavy armor and forces enemies to attack him, so that the other guys aren't taking dmg. He's there to suck up as much dmg as possible.

Then you have a healer, who's job it is to keep the tank from dying.

The problem is that the guys with the light armor are generally overzealous about smacking things up, so they gain aggro (basically, the enemy gets pissed at them and starts wailing on them), and since they aren't wearing heavy armor like the tank, they get killed too quickly for the healer to heal, and they generally blame the healer for their own mistakes.

mezzing just refers to holding an enemy in place so that it can't attack anyone. however, if someone hits the mezzed mob, it unfreezes and starts attacking again (and they usually go for the healer). Crappy players will often times use attacks that blast a whole area instead of a single target, so that causes the mezzed mobs to wake up and start killing the healer. Then they subsequently blame the person doing the mez-work on their own idiocy.

So really, it becomes fun because there's a bunch of assholes yelling at each other and it gets addictive because you feel like YOU'RE not the one ******* up, so you can't stop until you beat it

do you guys know what vaginas look like?

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I sold my 70 Warrior in WoW a month ago and all this discussion has me thinking of it. Damn you all!

As an aside, anyone play that new MMO FPS game Fury?

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horndog
Man I sold my 70 Warrior in WoW a month ago and all this discussion has me thinking of it. Damn you all!

As an aside, anyone play that new MMO FPS game Fury?

great do you know any1 that would like to buy a level 70 draenai shaman all mid level epic gear and a bout a week aaway from having his epic mount?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
do you guys know what vaginas look like?

When I was doing EQ hard core, my guild would meet in Vegas twice a year. I wish I had the link to the pictures, as there were at least three smoking hot women in the guild, and several passable pieces of tail. I was already married at the time or I would have been chasing some of that. No Joel, that old cliche is long gone. Heck, I was watching something on gaming this weekend. They say more married women play MMORPGs now that males under 17.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads