• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need help (regarding my gym routine)

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
You don't think there would be any negative side effects from eating 5 kg of steak every day? I can't think of any meet that would be healthy in such excess.

Of course there are side effects.
I can list some already: You will get stronger, more muscular, fitter, more ripped.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mizanation
try 5kg of RAW steak.

back before the days of GNC, some boxers would chew on chunks of raw beef. sugar ray robinson would put a raw steak through a juice press and drink the blood. warriors in the masai tribe drink cattle blood to give them strength.

In Michael Crichton's Timeline, he postulate the knights in the middle ages must be in order to carry all that armour and spear n ride on that fat horse and do nothing else. Our current average fit caucasian male will be dwarved by them.

Given there is no such thing as California fitness at that time and training is at its infancy until lately (Look at Steve Reeves and Hackensmidt's bodies), this must be due to their diet. And given protein shake, myoplex and creatine are non existent then, it must be beef and more beef.

KBW

Reaction score
One thing I can tell you without much thought is that you shouldn't do hard cardio and ab workouts every single day...especially ab workouts

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
One thing I can tell you without much thought is that you shouldn't do hard cardio and ab workouts every single day...especially ab workouts

Hard cardio I understand but why not abs?
In actual fact, abs work hard or not would not yield dividend unless combined with proper diet but I dont see why it should not be done.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
In Michael Crichton's Timeline, he postulate the knights in the middle ages must be in order to carry all that armour and spear n ride on that fat horse and do nothing else. Our current average fit caucasian male will be dwarved by them.

Wow. Fortunately, we have historic artifacts to dispel this myth. The armor and arms wing of any reputable museum clear demonstrates that knights of yore were readily dwarfed (not dwarved) by modern males (irrespective of race).

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237
Wow. Fortunately, we have historic artifacts to dispel this myth. The armor and arms wing of any reputable museum clear demonstrates that knights of yore were readily dwarfed (not dwarved) by modern males (irrespective of race).

Really? In the literary masterpiece, Crichton, reknowned for having a team of researchers research all details on his book, described a page looking in shock at the puny body of the time traveller who was mad about medieval lifestyle and practised archery and jousting.

The page even asked him was he struck by a bout of illness resulting in his reduction in size.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Really? In the literary masterpiece, Crichton, reknowned for having a team of researchers research all details on his book, described a page looking in shock at the puny body of the time traveller who was mad about medieval lifestyle and practised archery and jousting.

The page even asked him was he struck by a bout of illness resulting in his reduction in size.

Chricton is a medical doctor, and his education makes him an expert on nothing else. Above all else, he writes fiction. Did you read his latest insane book about the myth of global warming and hippy conspiriacies etc?

beasty

Reaction score
Chricton is a medical doctor, and his education makes him an expert on nothing else. Above all else, he writes fiction. Did you read his latest insane book about the myth of global warming and hippy conspiriacies etc?

But if you read his books, at the end of almost every book, he lists out extensively the bibliography of the books and materials he relied on and referred to. These are not exactly wikipidea entries. He did not do it by himself as he got a team to help him.

He aint no Dan Brown if you know what I mean.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, they were definitely smaller in stature then modern day men... much of this was due to nutrition, but dozens of generations of selective breeding certainly hasn't hurt.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Yeah, they were definitely smaller in stature then modern day men... much of this was due to nutrition, but dozens of generations of selective breeding certainly hasn't hurt.
+1 on both. The latter should go without saying.

But if you read his books, at the end of almost every book, he lists out extensively the bibliography of the books and materials he relied on and referred to. These are not exactly wikipidea entries. He did not do it by himself as he got a team to help him.

He aint no Dan Brown if you know what I mean.

So does all Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly or Michael Moore's publication. Or works "rebuking" the existence of Global Warming. You know what I mean.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads