• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Phil T

Reaction score
Which brands have the option of 30" inside leg? Don't like the pocket stitching on the Nudie Jeans so they are out, I have only found Diesel which I can find.

I am after slim and skinny jeans

Last edited:

BootGuy

Reaction score
I'm looking at a pair of Levi 513, they fit me amazing in the waist and top block, and a little snug in the knees when sitting.

Do jeans that are 98% cotton / 2% elastine stretch out the way a pair of cotton jeans do over time?

They elastine gives them plenty of "stretch" but I mean will it be a "permanent" stretch until I wash them again like 100% cotton jeans?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking at a pair of Levi 513, they fit me amazing in the waist and top block, and a little snug in the knees when sitting.

Do jeans that are 98% cotton / 2% elastine stretch out the way a pair of cotton jeans do over time?

They elastine gives them plenty of "stretch" but I mean will it be a "permanent" stretch until I wash them again like 100% cotton jeans?

No, they won't permanently stretch out in the same way.

J1994

Reaction score
Any way to avoid raw denim bleeding onto shoes without cuffing the leg opening? 

This is one of the main reasons I've been avoiding raw denim but I love the effect of fades contoured to one's body. 

Last edited:

SartorialTaste

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking for a pair of slim mid rise jeans and I stumbled upon the 0036MWZ from Wrangler. I read that people here generally think that Wrangler fits well and that'd be a plus but how about the color? the 0036MWZ is darker and I hope it doesn't make me look like I am wearing mom jeans. Do you think they look fine? Thank you for your time.

-ST

*Both pics are supposed to be the same pair of jeans (they offer only one color) but with different lighting.

DasaniLover

Reaction score
Hi there,

I can't seem to find a consensus on this. I want to buy a pair of Nudie Jeans on Nordstrom, but for some reason they have different waist sizes but all the inseams are 34. My inseam is 30 so I'll have to get them altered, but my bigger issue is if the 34 inseam would mean that the rise is different than a 30 inseam. In other words, for Nudie jeans, does the rise change with the inseam or is the rise the same across all inseam lengths?

Thanks in advance!

J1994

Reaction score

Hi there,

I can't seem to find a consensus on this. I want to buy a pair of Nudie Jeans on Nordstrom, but for some reason they have different waist sizes but all the inseams are 34. My inseam is 30 so I'll have to get them altered, but my bigger issue is if the 34 inseam would mean that the rise is different than a 30 inseam. In other words, for Nudie jeans, does the rise change with the inseam or is the rise the same across all inseam lengths?

Thanks in advance!

I believe the rise changes based on the waist measurement/tag size.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Hi there,

Thanks in advance!

Inseam length is just that - the length from the crotch to the hem of the pants. Everything else (with the possible exception of leg opening) will be the same regardless of inseam length.

As the previous poster stated, rise will generally scale with waist size. Inseam length won't affect the length of the rise.

ffdg11

Reaction score
Any advice on how to wear loose fit jeans without feeling silly?

I got a pair of vintage early 90's Levi's leather tab in a beatiful deep wine color. They're kind of old fashioned, very high waisted, they sit right below my belly, but the rise is very neat and the top block fits very nicely.

Things go bad from knee downwards. They are loose just like the label says, similar to a 550's. They bag at some sides of my leg and the denim is very stiff and heavy and weights a ton, they're definitely for the winter.

When i walk i notice how heavy they are and they make a very loud noise as the inseam rubs with each other on every step.

They are very classic with a touch of bohemian, but i don't feel confident about taking these outside.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads