• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm 6'2 1/2 and 170 pounds.  Looking for a pair of jeans under $100.  Must be slim fit and a dark wash. Size should be 32/32 or 33/32  FYI: Levi's jeans are not an option.

Any help is great.

Thank you!

Uniqlo Made in Japan?

pbdeng4

Reaction score
I'm 6'2 1/2 and 170 pounds. Looking for a pair of jeans under $100. Must be slim fit and a dark wash. Size should be 32/32 or 33/32 FYI: Levi's jeans are not an option.

Any help is great.

Thank you!
under 100? what about slim gap selvedge new (if you don't mind fades coming in slow) or look at what's available in b/s? I think I saw some nudies there for like $70-$80ish.

gap

jmaudi0

Reaction score
biggskip check 3Sixteen SL Line. i know it fits very similiar to the APC NS's but without the ridiculous stretch. not sure how the crotch measurement compares...

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for my first pair of premium denim jeans. Looking for < $250. Basically, I'm starting to put together a good SW&D wardrobe
after wasting time trying to dress like those over in MC since joining SF. Want the first pair of be a dark wash. I'm 5'4, 150 pounds, athletic build.

I've looked at N&F jeans on Blue Owl but I have no knowledge of what would be good or not. Have heard that I should size down.

Like the look and price of =
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7656000

The Momotaro jeans on there look incredible but I don't know if I should spend that much on a first pair.

Last edited:

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the go to when it comes to high rise denim? Up to $300 preferably $250>; Thinking some LVC but would like a high a rise as possible :)

hoodyear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for my first pair of premium denim jeans. Looking for < $250. Basically, I'm starting to put together a good SW&D wardrobe
after wasting time trying to dress like those over in MC since joining SF. Want the first pair of be a dark wash. I'm 5'4, 150 pounds, athletic build.

I've looked at N&F jeans on Blue Owl but I have no knowledge of what would be good or not. Have heard that I should size down.

Like the look and price of =
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7656000

The Momotaro jeans on there look incredible but I don't know if I should spend that much on a first pair.
Those N&Fs look pretty cool. They'll probably fade like the red cores - http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/blog/fading-contest-2-results/ - but bright blue instead of red. As far as sizing, the actual waist measurement is listed. As long as they're sanforized they won't shrink much. Still try them on if at all possible.

No reason to spend more than you're comfortable with on a pair of jeans.

Islander

Reaction score

What is the go to when it comes to high rise denim? Up to $300 preferably $250>; Thinking some LVC but would like a high a rise as possible :)

Momotaro 0201/0901, Ande Whall Cougar/Buffalo, and Iron Heart 1955S all have a high rise and measurements are readily available. LVC also but the inseam always ends up too short for me.

weven

Reaction score
What do you guys think about hand-woven / hand-loom denim?
Is it more exclusive than most denim or its quite simply just like other denim?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads