• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

plumcakk

Reaction score
About your post: That will happen a lot in the beginning. Some of your posts will be hold back for moderation, but they will eventually appear.

For that money you could go for Unbranded or Naked & Famous.
If you hold on for just a few days, Unbranded will drop a 21oz heavy denim for around $100! And for N&F check tate&yoko, Blue owl workshop and other online shops.

Good luck

Thanks! I'll check those out.

Give these a shot as a cheaper alternative to the Momotaro 702, http://shopsydneys.com/denim/united-stock-dry-goods-narrow-fit-2.html. 14 oz Japanese selvedge and made in the USA.

Indigo/indigo instead of indigo/black but also much cheaper, should come out to about $126 shipped to the US.
Oh sick, I live in Toronto so I can check those out personally! Thanks.

asmallchild

Reaction score
Just got a new lucrative job and I'm looking to rebuild my wardrobe

Starting off by purchasing some new jeans and was just looking for some advice on how to proceed

I will say my dimensions aren't the most flattering (5'7", 160lbs) and I've had to had some jeans tailored before for the right fit, is this the right way to go?

I've been looking into Lord and Taylor as it seems like they have a decent selection with reasonable pricing, I am certainly happy to spend more based on your recommendations?

Thanks again for the help

Mister Anderson

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy 2 pairs of Dior denim; the SS12 17.5 Jake wash as well as a pair of SS12 Skinny Khaki's. I'm having trouble determining what size to buy.

Most of my current denim consists of N&F Skinny Guy and Levis 510. In both I purchase a size 31 and in both instances the waist is tight and requires minimal but some effort to button the top button. I chose a 31 rather than a 32 to maintain as much slimness within the legs as possible. I'm 5,9/160 of athletic build with barely any body fat. The Jakes are available in size 31 & 32. I've seen suggestions to size down as well as size up so I'm unsure. I've only found the Khaki's in a size 30.

Naked and Famous Skinny Guy Black Power Stretch

Size: 31
Waist: 40.64cm
Rise: 24cm
Inseam: 92.71cm
Length: 114cm
Hem: N/A

Jakes

Size: 31
Waist: 42cm
Rise: 24cm
Inseam: 98cm
Length: 122cm
Hem: 17.5cm

Size: 32
Waist: 43cm
Rise: 25cm
Inseam: 100cm
Length: 124cm
Hem: 18cm

All input appreciated greatly.

jasonleb1

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get a skinny/very slim jean in off white/cream like this? I'd like to keep it under $100, ~$75 would be ideal.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody know where I can get a skinny/very slim jean in off white/cream like this? I'd like to keep it under $100, ~$75 would be ideal.
Probably JCrew where you got the photo. On sale. Also Levis.
I am usually a 36 by 34 with thick thighs. jeans reccomendations please.
More information required for any possible legitimate conversation.

Last edited:

mellowllama

Reaction score
given a natural (no break) inseam of x inches, how much extra inseam should be added for stacking, and how much for a 2-inch cuff?

ie if I have a 30-inch inseam with no break, is 32 enough for stacking (no cuff), or should I use more? and then I assume add 2 inches more for a 2 inch cuff?

(I don't want anything too radical and I am not looking to impress anybody.)

Last edited:

IYACDNB

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy some selvage jeans but in a dark wash and a slim not too skinny fit. In other words, I want some selvage jeans that aren't raw. Does anybody know where I could find something like this? Preferably around 100 dollars.

Kazragore

Reaction score
I just grabbed a pair of 3sixteen st-100x and was wondering how much they stretch. I've read that they only stretch about .25" in the thigh, which is where I really need some stretching. The waist is just about perfect, but the thighs are pretty much skin tight. Can I expect them to stretch to a comfortable point or are these going to be meggings on my thighs forever? Size up or tough it out?

Also, disregard the ridiculous cuffs and whatnot, they're obviously not hemmed and are therefore like half a foot too long

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ They look fine, but all depends on feel. You and I look like we have similar physique, and I've just taken to sizing up and dealing with it.

Somar

Reaction score
I just grabbed a pair of 3sixteen st-100x and was wondering how much they stretch. I've read that they only stretch about .25" in the thigh, which is where I really need some stretching. The waist is just about perfect, but the thighs are pretty much skin tight. Can I expect them to stretch to a comfortable point or are these going to be meggings on my thighs forever? Size up or tough it out?

Also, disregard the ridiculous cuffs and whatnot, they're obviously not hemmed and are therefore like half a foot too long
Why not send this question to 3Sixteen? Usually all brands reply very fast!
My opinion: Unless 3Sixteen tells you that they will NOT stretch in the thighs, I would say tough it out!

Somar

Reaction score
+ The fit is perfect! They flatter you.

leeba

Reaction score
Those look really tight in the thighs to me. Main thing for me would be comfort, so I guess that depends more on you along with what sort of look you're going for. It probably helps that the ST-100x don't have a suicide rise like some APC/N&F cuts though. Also (strong no bromo) but I'm guessing you squat a lot from your quads? If you plan on getting bigger I'd just size up otherwise you're just gonna have a pair of jeans that won't fit you in a month or two lol - that was my experience at least.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads