• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After 1.5 years of the same uniqlo jeans [32x32 slim straights], i'd say its about time to upgrade.. I usually wear slim straight but am tempted to do some slim tapered.I'll be going tucked in Sport shirts, and Sports jackets a lot this year. These will be my first Raw denim purchases always went for the budget jeans in uniqlo. I'd like to try something new like 3sixteen or APC, is the extra 120$ worth it in comparison to uniqlo raw denims? Also if there is another brand i shoudl be looking at let me know guys i'm open to all suggestions.. i'd like to spend no more than 150$ but i can go up to 250$ if its worth it.
just get a pair of APC's and don't listen to the people saying they're ****.

They're cheap, you'll get quick fade and whisker results, the cuts are nice and if you get great fades you can trade them in when you're done with them and get 50% off your next pair. Win / Win.

Last edited:

husbands

Reaction score
do they still do that trade in deal? I thought it ended

and I used to have a great pair of apcs but the blowed out crotch looked ridiculous

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do they still do that trade in deal? I thought it ended
and I used to have a great pair of apcs but the blowed out crotch looked ridiculous
yeah they do, i don't think its a limited thing as they do actually re-sell them washed. the crotch blow out doesnt bother me, mine usually end up stertched out and i'm onto a new pair before it even gets to that point. even flat heads get crotch blow outs.

schmallo15

Reaction score

After 1.5 years of the same uniqlo jeans [32x32 slim straights], i'd say its about time to upgrade.. I usually wear slim straight but am tempted to do some slim tapered.I'll be going tucked in Sport shirts, and Sports jackets a lot this year. These will be my first Raw denim purchases always went for the budget jeans in uniqlo. I'd like to try something new like 3sixteen or APC, is the extra 120$ worth it in comparison to uniqlo raw denims? Also if there is another brand i shoudl be looking at let me know guys i'm open to all suggestions.. i'd like to spend no more than 150$ but i can go up to 250$ if its worth it.

Not sure what kind of Uniqlo jeans you have but if you can get your hands on the Uniqlo All Made In Japan raw denim, I would be just as inclined to get those as I would to go with APC or 3sixteen, especially at Uniqlo's price point of about $70. The denim is from Kaihara which is a very well respected denim mill in Japan. The price to quality ratio is fantastic. Plus, you should be able to get some pretty decent fades out of them.

Fades here: http://jeans.naoto.info/
There's more info over at mynudies: http://mynudies.com/showthread.php?5680-Uniqlo-Jeans/page2

Not knocking APC or 3sixteen but the Uniqlo All Made in Japan jeans are competitive with those two at a very reasonable price.

MyNameIsNyke

Reaction score
Wow thanks all for the quick responses.

I am leaning towards the APC's, after hearing about this trade in policy!

Just a couple of more questions

1. How long is this trade in policy

2.Thing i hated about most of the cheaper uniqlo jeans was once they were washed they were done, how does raw denim / salvage hold up against washing machines?

3. Any retailers in NYC that carry allll the 3sixteen / NF jeans in store? i saw barneys carried some naked jeans but not all...

at this point though i'm leaning towards APC, only thing that sucks is that naked had a lot of color options and apc seem limited to blue / black.

oh also sorry guys for thet tons of question but can anyone point me to a nice pair of leather jeans? always wanted a pair of nice black ones, i saw diesel had a pair for 550 but never tried any diesel cltohing was hoping apc or nf carried a pair.

Desiredname

Reaction score
Has anyone else had any experiences with Levis 511 raw denim? Yes, I know for the money I should of probably opted for A.P.C. jeans or something different.

Anyways, I've only worn them a few times but they seem a little tight in the thighs and crotch -- especially when I sit down. The other sizing options I've tried on (31 & 32 waist) were too big in the waist. Should I give the 511s some time to stretch? Do 511s just not fit my legs? I'm pretty slim being 5"10 and 145 pounds with a 30-32 waist depending on the brand and material. I've read that different raw/selvage denim react differently, but I haven't seen too many credible reviews on these jeans. They're just a little uncomfortable when I sit down and that may be quite antagonistic to break in.

Also, I'm considering a pair of Tellason jeans or A.P.C. (New Standard or Petite Standard?) since the Levis are a little tight. If anyone has any recommendations or helpful advice then I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Who makes jeans that don't have such a biased cut in the top block? That is, who makes jeans in which the difference between the front and rear rise is not so great?

I dig the APC NS top block, but I want better construction and denim. I'm looking for, like, an ~11" front rise and a ~14" rear rise. Nobody seems to do this, and I don't understand why, because that kind of cut gives you more room for your junk up front while not giving you diaper butt in the rear.

Kwaker

Reaction score
The Blue in Green 5th Anniversary store jeans (N-02) fits your bill … the size 32 had a 11” front and 14” back rise. While most sizes are now sold out … they could point you to another pair with a similar cut.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
Who makes jeans that don't have such a biased cut in the top block? That is, who makes jeans in which the difference between the front and rear rise is not so great?
I dig the APC NS top block, but I want better construction and denim. I'm looking for, like, an ~11" front rise and a ~14" rear rise. Nobody seems to do this, and I don't understand why, because that kind of cut gives you more room for your junk up front while not giving you diaper butt in the rear.
3sixteen SL series denim is almost identical in cut to APC NS. the denim is certainly nicer.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just go to the apc store and ask the SA's how you look, they will tell you what you need to know.
if you find them on sale size down 2 - 3. if you're a 33/34 go down to 30. people will tell you otherwise but they dont know what they're doing.
also don't wash your jeans no matter how stinky or ugly they get. once you do they will turn into this hideous drapey texture that you'll hate and they wont accept the trade in. trade ins are for life afaik, part of their schtick

also, i dont have experience with uniqlo, but there is only 1 or 2 in the u.s..
not very convenient and i doubt the SA's can help you out much.

Last edited:

bik2101

Reaction score
just go to the apc store and ask the SA's how you look, they will tell you what you need to know.
if you find them on sale size down 2 - 3. if you're a 33/34 go down to 30. people will tell you otherwise but they dont know what they're doing.
also don't wash your jeans no matter how stinky or ugly they get. once you do they will turn into this hideous drapey texture that you'll hate and they wont accept the trade in. trade ins are for life afaik, part of their schtick

also, i dont have experience with uniqlo, but there is only 1 or 2 in the u.s..
not very convenient and i doubt the SA's can help you out much.
he'd have better luck finding uniqlo stores (ny, nj, san fran coming) than apc stores but yeah, the workers there won't really be of any help

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys recommend taking Uniqlo TTS? I've heard they don't stretch much.
i dont want to sound biased but if you're looking for stretch, you cant go wrong with robert geller jeans.
uniqlo cuts are not for everyone, i would say try before buy or at least try. apc's, again, are the best brand to reference, in particular the petit standard now.

schmallo15

Reaction score

Slightly lower front rise but one of my favorites with that type of cut are the Studio D'Artisan SD103.

Raw measurements here: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/ind...acturer_id=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's a tall order:

Looking for a pair of jeans that fit like my APC NS, size 32 that have been tapered from the knee down to a 7.75" leg opening. The only thing I want different is a little bit of a longer front rise. Looking for something $300 or lower.. $250 is sorta the sweet spot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads