• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
I like a dark denim, slim fit, but if possible, still somewhat flared at the bottom as I don't like when a slim fit pair of jeans make me look as though I'm wearing clown shoes.

the more i think about it, in addition to the pbj 004/005 you might want to look at the momotaro 0201 cut. the denim will be a tad darker and is cut more generous in the leg.

momotaro or pbj!

PhoenixDown

Reaction score
do levi 514s with a 28 or lower waist exist? they seem to stop at 29, which i'm wearing now -- they didn't fit too bad a couple a months ago but now without a fairly tight belt they fall off my waist pretty easily.

raphaelargus

Reaction score
I'm looking for a raw jean that has straight leg, somewhat relaxed fit. I'm an older guy and I'm not looking for a slim fit.

I typically wear Levi 505s and I (generally) like the fit that I get with 32" labeled waists. When I measure across a pair whose fit I prefer, it measures 17" straight across the waist. My real waist is 33" and I suspect most of you would describe the fit as "normal" or "ever so slightly baggy". Also, my upper thigh is 23" around and mid thigh is 22" around. So while 505s end up slightly looser in the waist/butt, they are a lot more snug around my thighs.

So given my preference for a 505-type fit at my measurements, are there any raw jeans that anyone would recommend here? I tried asking about APC Rescues in the APC thread but was advised that even those might not fit my thighs despite the fact that it is APC's relaxed fit.

I don't care too much about honeycombing or whiskering, but would like a pair that will fade to the way I use and wear them. I'm also looking for a minimum of decoration of any kind on the jeans, something as simple as possible.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raphaelargus
I'm looking for a raw jean that has straight leg, somewhat relaxed fit. I'm an older guy and I'm not looking for a slim fit.

I typically wear Levi 505s and I (generally) like the fit that I get with 32" labeled waists. When I measure across a pair whose fit I prefer, it measures 17" straight across the waist. My real waist is 33" and I suspect most of you would describe the fit as "normal" or "ever so slightly baggy". Also, my upper thigh is 23" around and mid thigh is 22" around. So while 505s end up slightly looser in the waist/butt, they are a lot more snug around my thighs.

So given my preference for a 505-type fit at my measurements, are there any raw jeans that anyone would recommend here? I tried asking about APC Rescues in the APC thread but was advised that even those might not fit my thighs despite the fact that it is APC's relaxed fit.

I don't care too much about honeycombing or whiskering, but would like a pair that will fade to the way I use and wear them. I'm also looking for a minimum of decoration of any kind on the jeans, something as simple as possible.

KMW 1950 in 32 or 33
KMW 2010 in 32 or 33

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, even though the Rescues are APC's relaxed cut, they still fit pretty slim by most other brands' standards. If it's within your budget, you may want to stay away from brands that focus on the slimmer, more modern cuts (i.e. APC, Naked & Famous) and look at high-end Japanese denim. Their cuts are based more on repro-style looser fits, and there's a wide variety to choose from there.

ad20

Reaction score
I've got these Energie jeans pretty much for free and would like to wear them during summer. The only thing that bothers me are those artificial holes. Would it be advisable to get them tailored or rather leave them the way they are? Besides, is this what you call "acid wash" ?

raphaelargus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
KMW 1950 in 32 or 33
KMW 2010 in 32 or 33

Thanks, I'll check them out!

Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Yeah, even though the Rescues are APC's relaxed cut, they still fit pretty slim by most other brands' standards. If it's within your budget, you may want to stay away from brands that focus on the slimmer, more modern cuts (i.e. APC, Naked & Famous) and look at high-end Japanese denim. Their cuts are based more on repro-style looser fits, and there's a wide variety to choose from there.

Are there any is brands or websites that you think I should consider as a starting point?

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are there dior homme fake raws out there? if yes how can i tell if it's fake from real?

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check them out! Are there any is brands or websites that you think I should consider as a starting point?
For high end Japanese denim, blueingreensoho.com and selfedge.com are good places to start looking. They both have measurement charts for the full range of sizes of each model that they carry that you can use for reference, too.

raphaelargus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
For high end Japanese denim, blueingreensoho.com and selfedge.com are good places to start looking. They both have measurement charts for the full range of sizes of each model that they carry that you can use for reference, too.

Thanks, I will check those out!

babysmooth

Reaction score
Firstly, i am a complete newbie when it comes to raw jeans and I've never tried on skinny jeans. I want to get a pair of tapered skinnies but i think my calves might be too big. I'm not a bodybuilder but i stay fit, so i work out moderately. Does anyone know if the calf area of the jeans will stretch out to give my calves room, or will they stay tight (assuming i can get them on)

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by babysmooth
Firstly, i am a complete newbie when it comes to raw jeans and I've never tried on jeans. I want to get a pair of tapered skinnies but i think my calves might be too big. I'm not a bodybuilder but i stay fit, so i work out moderately. Does anyone know if the calf area of the jeans will stretch out to give my calves room, or will they stay tight (assuming i can get them on)

they're gonna stay tight unless ur calves are as big as your thighs

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been asked before, but....

What good selvedge jeans out there fit similar to Levis 511?

I am tired of the boot cut stuff and tried on some 511's and love them. Now looking for some similar size selvedge

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by babysmooth
so it wont stretch at all? not even 1/4 - 1/2 of an inch over time?

They won't stretch there unless they are tight to start with, and if they are, they'll still look tight even after stretching.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads