• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Biff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dinhilion
Ok so I have one person saying to size up the waist and one saying not to. Can I get a tiebreaker vote?

I am a 32-32/34 is most pairs of jeans so I am thinking either a 32-38 or a 34-38.

P.S. I am having trouble with the free shipping promo on Levis. I am getting the 15% off the jeans but not the free shipping. Anyone know how to fix it.

Get the 34-38...

Biff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajmanouk
I really like how the jeans look and I'm interested to learn more about them. The problem is that I don't know where to begin; there's just so much information out there. I've tried doing a bit of reading but it's difficult to string information together from here and there.

Try the APC new standards... pretty good fit... Nice place to start for raw noobies...

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dinhilion
Ok so I have one person saying to size up the waist and one saying not to. Can I get a tiebreaker vote?

I am a 32-32/34 is most pairs of jeans so I am thinking either a 32-38 or a 34-38.

P.S. I am having trouble with the free shipping promo on Levis. I am getting the 15% off the jeans but not the free shipping. Anyone know how to fix it.

Try them on wherever you buy them. I tell you to go TS because it's pretty commonly accepted and promoted here. What's more I've done the STF experiment, and in the case of Levi's, sizing up in the waist just made the jeans baggy and falling off my butt. When you put them on in their raw state, have the waistband fitted but comfortable. Regardless of tagged number, get the waist where you want it, with 2-3 inches of excess length. Then sit in a warm bath with them on, and they'll shrink down to where you want them in all dimensions.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biff
Get the 34-38...

No, take the smaller size... In account for stretch. If you are afraid the waist will shrink too much, trt wearing them while damp, or soak while wearing. Or put a clamp between the waist while soaking so it won't shrink too much. 34-38 will fall of your ass after a few weeks of wear.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modsliketopowertrip
Anyone know how a samurai s710 breathes in 30-35 degrees celcius heat?

Dude, denim is dead... You're the one who should breath.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
sarcasm.gif

ac3y

Reaction score
I have a pair of jeans that I want to hotsoak in order to shrink the waist, but don't want to shrink too much in length.
What do?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for selvedge jeans that are a bit looser around the thighs/calves. Used to play fullback in high school so my legs are pretty thick. My waist is 34 or 36 depending on the brand so most selvedge jeans I tried on at Barney's were a bit too tight.

horton

Reaction score
ajmanouk

APCs or Naked and Famous are good starting points (tons of others). I'd suggest getting first pair from a decent store with good staff so they can help choose a good cut for you, sizing down etc. If you say where you live I'm sure there will be a lot of suggestions for helpful places

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by falsestart
Hey All - Need to hem my slim jims - any ideas where I can get orange thread to match - ? Thoughts appreciated.
a fabric store. if your in nyc im sure there are many places you can go. big has something that would work im sure or try www.google.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads