• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not that I have been, but I don't think I'll be posting in this threak anymore, at least about myself:

284531_10100368120984550_15904009_52328806_1429019_n.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yeah, definitely a ring in there - I'm on the hamburger budget right now and for the foreseeable future:
283431_10100369430445380_15904009_52348717_7721657_n.jpg

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finished. This hurts a bit. Removed from phone, facebook, and there's nothing of her left in my apartment. Won't try to contact her. Will never date a virgin again, and probably never date a Catholic again.

I decided to give it one more try. She called up on Friday and asked me if I would come up for the wedding that we'd planned on attending. She a 5.5 hr drive away. I packed up all my **** and was on my way in half an hour. All of my suits were at my house in Austin which I didn't have time to get, so I had to drop money on another suit. Weekend goes okay. I drive back, she comes over, says that she's decided that it won't work for her, and we're done, only me with 4 days of my life and $500 gone. I'm a little pissed off.

Grats impolyt!

Last edited:

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

Finished. This hurts a bit. Removed from phone, facebook, and there's nothing of her left in my apartment. Won't try to contact her. Will never date a virgin again, and probably never date a Catholic again.

I decided to give it one more try. She called up on Friday and asked me if I would come up for the wedding that we'd planned on attending. She a 5.5 hr drive away. I packed up all my **** and was on my way in half an hour. All of my suits were at my house in Austin which I didn't have time to get, so I had to drop money on another suit. Weekend goes okay. I drive back, she comes over, says that she's decided that it won't work for her, and we're done, only me with 4 days of my life and $500 gone. I'm a little pissed off.

Grats impolyt!

Sorry to hear that. Offer's still open my man.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Grats impolyt!

Good call. If attending a wedding isn't going to sway a girl to stay and work on the relationship, I'm not sure much else can.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's an awful long distance for a *******.

Trying to look at it objectively. I'm not pissed so much as pretty damn hurt. That said, there were plenty of wonderful times, she wasn't cruel about anything, and it really just was a case of it not going to work out. I'm going to clean the **** out of my room and schedule myself for a haircut. I think I'm going to do sprints tonight as well. Extreme breakover time.

Good call. If attending a wedding isn't going to sway a girl to stay and work on the relationship, I'm not sure much else can.

It was a matter of structural defects and time frame in this case. Working on a flawed (good catholic girl + me) relationship while trying to get in to med school isn't a particularly salient choice. It was a sound decision on her part, and it wasn't for lack of trying. It was lack of capacity given the situation.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads