• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hughes Low Custom Alligator Wallet Review

SnowKING

Reaction score
it seems you are quite adamant on ordering from Hughes... and rightfully so. He seems like he does fantastic work at a good price. But I would urge you to consider other options due to his lack of responsiveness. Unless you live in Singapore (or get lucky somehow), perhaps consider other makers?

I haven't tried any of these, but have heard good things:

http://www.houseoffleming.com

http://www.aprilinparis.us

I did however find someone other than hughes but he charges x2 price for his wallets. I'm not even sure what makes his prices so high ( not hughes) but for 1.5k inside and out alligator is must be the highest quality wallet ever to be made? He is not a site, company, but just like hughes.

aprilinparis - they don't stell bifolds with alligator inside and out. 1500 for calf skin interior and alligator exterior
:\

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it seems you are quite adamant on ordering from Hughes... and rightfully so. He seems like he does fantastic work at a good price. But I would urge you to consider other options due to his lack of responsiveness. Unless you live in Singapore (or get lucky somehow), perhaps consider other makers?

I haven't tried any of these, but have heard good things:

http://www.houseoffleming.com

http://www.aprilinparis.us

This is like saying, but there is also Hermes. Consider ordering from Hermes.

SnowKING

Reaction score
eh there is no hermes in california and they only sell breast wallet online?

Last edited:

SnowKING

Reaction score
You would have to contact him to determine exact price based on your specs.

Yeah 3 of the new straps posted are mine.

If you are or become my customer, I will make it a point to personally chase Hughes on your order. The straps for my CELADON watches from Hughes will also carry an extra special touch not available on other straps (secret).

How much do you charge as a fee so you could help me order from Hughes?

Would you be able to contact hughes for the people on this thread so we could get our orders fufilled or at least find out whats the delay for hughes not responding to us ?

Last edited:

easy_golfing

Reaction score

Well if it helps, I am able to offer near-guaranteed and quick delivery of Hughes straps for those ordering my watches (I could also chase him up on other orders in the process). I meet him regularly in person.

You would have to contact him to determine exact price based on your specs.

Yeah 3 of the new straps posted are mine.

If you are or become my customer, I will make it a point to personally chase Hughes on your order. The straps for my CELADON watches from Hughes will also carry an extra special touch not available on other straps (secret).

I don't charge a fee at all, but I have already mentioned to Hughes about the issues raised in this thread. For my customers (ie those who have pre-ordered my CELADON watches at the price of 418 USD), I would go the extra mile to ensure that Hughes delivers, and I am confident he will based on the agreed delivery timescales for the watchstraps for my watches.

please stop spamming up the thread. go get an affiliate thread.

thanks

Last edited:

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score
Please refrain from being incredibly rude.

I have personally notified Hughes of the complaints on this thread and urged him to respond.

He is without doubt incredibly busy and will be away this week due to some commitments.

SnowKING

Reaction score
Please refrain from being incredibly rude.

I have personally notified Hughes of the complaints on this thread and urged him to respond.

He is without doubt incredibly busy and will be away this week due to some commitments.

400 for those watches you have which also includes an alligator strap?

How exactly do we all pay hughes?

Last edited:

cerfer

Reaction score
Hughes on reservist, which means he's serving his annual army commitments till the end of this month. It also means he's less contactable during this period.

He gets to come out on Sundays, hence I just met up with him to see his work, which I must say, is bloody impressive. The skins he gets from Heng Long are top-notch, and the workmanship is impeccable.

Am planning to commission a bi-fold wallet, and the lead time is about a month max.

SnowKING

Reaction score
Hughes on reservist, which means he's serving his annual army commitments till the end of this month. It also means he's less contactable during this period.

He gets to come out on Sundays, hence I just met up with him to see his work, which I must say, is bloody impressive. The skins he gets from Heng Long are top-notch, and the workmanship is impeccable.

Am planning to commission a bi-fold wallet, and the lead time is about a month max.

He should be available next month then?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads