• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How would you get 2000 in 4 days if you were a broke-ass student?

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
Let's just say I have $20 in my wallet and I am relieved that this particular weekend, I do not have to starve. What to do?

1) Hit all the thrift stores in a 50 mile radius
2) Buy anything you see with a label discussed here
3) Post the items for sale on the forum
4) Don't send them
5) Keep posting more items for sale
6) Tell people the items were mis-addressed but will be sent out again
7) Keep selling items
8) Don't send them
9) Stop posting and returning PMs from buyers but you can keep coming back to visit
10) Enjoy your money

rimshot.gif

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once saw a homeless guy somewhere in Broadway, San Francisco with the funniest effing sign: "need money for alcohol research." I gave him 2 dollars for making my day. I suggest you do the same.

Originally Posted by Souper
EDIT: title should say $2000

So I just got back from my class registration today... All went well, registered for classes, patted myself on the back for going back to school, etcetera., Anywho, at the end of the day they handed me my bill, which is $2160. Which is really cheap. However, I have a total of 4 days to pay for it.

2 of which are weekends.

I'm sure a forum for luxury goods and high-end clothes will have some trouble relating to my plight, so... Let's just say I have $20 in my wallet and I am relieved that this particular weekend, I do not have to starve. What to do?

S> 45rpm JOMONS $2160! Pre-loved! contact me size 33.

Hanseat

Reaction score
No Idea if you get anything in the States (I know its called donation for a reason) for giving your bodily fluids, but if so, you could sell plasma, blood, sperm or bone marrow.
In retrospect you'd probably either hate yourself for doing so, or consider it one of the stories to tell your kids one day when they complain about money being in short supply.

Otherwise talk to financial aid or just start attending classes and pay as soon as possible as others have suggested. Good luck, that reminds me- I need to pay tuition soon...

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most bills are due when services are rendered. As in seriously. Hello, plan.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Why don't you just talk to the registrar and ask for an extension? Can't your parents wire you some loan money?
At my school, they wouldn't un-enroll you unless you hadn't paid your fees for half a semester. There was a late fee, of course, but at least you were still in school. Talk to the registrar--there's probably a special circumstance exception or something you can do to delay the fees by two weeks at no cost.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
This is helpful
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I know, but really. A) If there really was a half-decent way to make $2k in a weekend, I'd do it every weekend. And I wouldn't tell anyone. B) Any actual way of doing that will be unique and therefore, we won't be able to come up with it for the OP. C) Asking the Registrar for extensions or other options is apodictic. D) Assuming you can register prior to payment is surprising. E) Doing so just a few days prior to the Spring semester's beginning without checking is unbelievable. F) Maybe I'm just being a prick because I owe $60k. G) Charge it and get until the end of the billing cycle to pay for it. The U.S.'s favorite form of leverage. H) Hanseat actually did have a good idea. But it ain't no $2k. I) Regards to all, Huntsman

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
A) If there really was a half-decent way to make $2k in a weekend, I'd do it every weekend. And I wouldn't tell anyone.

Of course, you wouldn't. After all, you value your reputation.

Musselma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Yeah, I know, but really.

A) If there really was a half-decent way to make $2k in a weekend, I'd do it every weekend. And I wouldn't tell anyone.

B) Any actual way of doing that will be unique and therefore, we won't be able to come up with it for the OP.

C) Asking the Registrar for extensions or other options is apodictic.

D) Assuming you can register prior to payment is surprising.

E) Doing so just a few days prior to the Spring semester's beginning without checking is unbelievable.

F) Maybe I'm just being a prick because I owe $60k.

G) Charge it and get until the end of the billing cycle to pay for it. The U.S.'s favorite form of leverage.

H) Hanseat actually did have a good idea. But it ain't no $2k.

I) Regards to all,
Huntsman

You have to register before they charge you, because it determines whether you're charged as a full-time or part-time student, and most universities will charge even more than just full time if you take over a set number of credit hours in a semester.

Musselma

Reaction score
Do what Hanseat said, go sell plasma and sperm and whatever else you can. Then try and get your friends to do the same thing and give you the money
biggrin.gif

On a related note, I hear kidneys sell well on the black market
biggrin.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
Of course, you wouldn't. After all, you value your reputation.

Of course. But if I valued it a little less I'd have an Aston Martin.

Originally Posted by Musselma
You have to register before they charge you, because it determines whether you're charged as a full-time or part-time student, and most universities will charge even more than just full time if you take over a set number of credit hours in a semester.

Well it depends. At my two-year, you get in the registration line, register, and then you walk into the line next door to pay. The price/credit is known by you in advance. Deadline is the first day of classes. If you don't pay, you aren't on the 'approved' list each Prof. has when the first roll call is made. OP, though, seriously, even though the Profs are technically not supposed to let you stay in class past the first week, I never knew any who would kick out a student. That might buy you a week or two. If you're registered, the Prof would have to kick you out... and that's unlikely.

At my private Uni, you apply as full- or part time, and thats how you are. You must pay prior to registering or you have a hold on your account at the registrars office and you can't register.

Long ass day. Sorry for being prickish.

~ Huntsman

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Rent Less Than Zero. Pay special attention to the Robert Downey Jr. character. Figure it out from there.

BYucko

Reaction score
Well, you could always go to a bank. What you do there and how you get the money is up to you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads