• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 39 4.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 161 16.9%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 319 33.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 152 16.0%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 80 8.4%
  • 41 - 50

Votes: 53 5.6%
  • 51 - 60

Votes: 31 3.3%
  • 61 - 70

Votes: 24 2.5%
  • 71 - 80

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

Votes: 8 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

Votes: 9 0.9%
  • 100+

Votes: 57 6.0%

• Total voters

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HAHAHAHA I'm not sure if I should take offense to this post, but we're all friends here.

I wear a size 6 shoe. Before I discovered the likes of C&J, Carmina, Trickers, Sanders etc. I had a really hard time finding dress shoes in my size AND that were readily accessible. I would say the majority of that AE rack is comprised of MTOs. Sadly, I rarely wear my AEs nowadays and have some truly limited editions in my size.

The rack does expand and I have it the longest length w/o the center dipping due to weight. I also have shoe trees in all of the shoes - ****'z HEAVY and this rack does the job perfectly.
No offence intended, just a cheeky comment from yours truly! But thanks for the added info. I’ll take a look at these racks next time I’m in BBAB. Interesting to learn that they expand, I’m thinking of redoing a cupboard and I’m examining shoe storage options. Cheers!

smartie-pants

Reaction score
No offence intended, just a cheeky comment from yours truly! But thanks for the added info. I’ll take a look at these racks next time I’m in BBAB. Interesting to learn that they expand, I’m thinking of redoing a cupboard and I’m examining shoe storage options. Cheers!

hahahahaha! LOVE IT. Honey, can you grab me a bowl for my cereal and my cordovan loafers?

bc78

Reaction score
I would be very interested to see this data broken out against geography, specifically urban vs suburban. I cannot imagine many of the people who live in Manhattan, London or Hong Kong have the space for hundreds of shoes. Unless we have a bunch of secret billionaires on here.

I live in Manhattan and have 20 shoes. I've been trying to cull, but I have convinced myself I need them all for some specific reason. We're lucky enough to have a walk in closet so it isn't a huge issue.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About 20 after a clear out of shoes I could no longer wear due to an orthotic change.
I'm interested in hearing the count from @TtownMD and @grc1 (aka @ggdecoman on IG).
:cheers:

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be very interested to see this data broken out against geography, specifically urban vs suburban. I cannot imagine many of the people who live in Manhattan, London or Hong Kong have the space for hundreds of shoes. Unless we have a bunch of secret billionaires on here.

SF's living in big metro areas have access to shoe bargains found only at brick-and-mortar stores in large cities.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I live in the Bay Area and have 100 pairs of shoes.

25 are size 7
25 are size 8
25 are size 9
and the last 25 are size 10

I store each set inside the others like nesting Russian dolls.

At any given time, four pairs are on my feet, which further helps to save space.

Texboots

Reaction score
Any pictures of some of your custom boots?
This is a shot of just my tall (knee high) custom cowboy boots. Makers include Rocketbusters, Paul Bond, Caboots, Dave Cobos, Western Ranch, and some one-offs. Thanks for asking.

Attachments

• boots 166.jpg
    boots 166.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 272

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

25 are size 7
25 are size 8
25 are size 9

At any given time, four pairs are on my feet, which further helps to save space.
It's important to save space in a place where real estate is so expensive; Style Forum members everywhere salute your commitment to efficiency in footwear!

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

25 are size 7
25 are size 8
25 are size 9

It's important to save space in a place where real estate is so expensive; Style Forum members everywhere salute your commitment to efficiency in footwear!
I've heard of using inserts and different thickness of socks to make rare shell shoes fit in different sizes, but this is on a whole new level!

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

25 are size 7
25 are size 8
25 are size 9

Pleb. My Bay Area friends have embraced true paradigm shifting disruption in footwear. They wear round boxes with fully enabled digital transformation cameras that project the image of a shoe without being a shoe. That way, the transient nature of consumption erodes and we can drive innovation.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m down to about 105 pairs (not including 5 or 6 casuals shoes like Sperry's or Flip Flops) .

Florsheim, Alden, Allen Edmonds, Johnston Murphy, Footjoy, Hanover, Church's, Cole Haan, Bragano, and a few other single shoes from Chester Barrie, Lloyd and Haig, Trickers, and others I can't remember. About 85% of my shoes are vintage.

And One pair of Lucchese cowboy boots and 1 pair of adidas tennis shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads