• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pairs of shoes do you own??

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess the wife approved at first, when I was nearly shoeless; however, I am forced to admit that I have been sneaking in most of the last hundred pair or so.
You are not alone in clandestine purchases. An office Ebay account can be very useful.

marc37

Reaction score
I am forced to admit that I have been sneaking in most of the last hundred pair or so. Hope to have big shoe news for everyone in a week or so.
You sound just like me. You love shoes and you sneek in extra shoes past the wife. lt's very easy to sneek extra pairs [past the wife] because all shoes look the same to her. Cannot wait until l hear your shoe news next week.

Macciavelli

Reaction score
Hello,

what a wonderful forum. I impressed by the fashion Knowledge of the members.

Ok - to the point:

1 Pair of black cap toe oxfords (Santoni)
1 Pair of black oxfords with brogues (Loake)
1 Pair of black wingtip oxfords (Santoni)
1 Pair of black loafers (Harai)
1 Pair of black monks (Bally)
1 Pair of black monks with brogues (Church`s)
1 Pair of black cap toe oxfords (AE)
1 Pair of chestnut monks (Berluti)
1 Pair of chestnut oxfords (Lobb)
1 Pair of suede bluchers (Lobb)
1 Pair of brown tassel loafers (Alden)
1 Pair of chestnut wingtips (Ludwig Reiter)
1 Pair of suede boatshoes (Arcus)
1 Pair of Docksiders (Sebago)
1 Pair of chestnut norwegians (Santoni)
1 Pair of suede Speedcats (Puma)
1 Pair of Nike Shox (Blue - BMW Edition)
1 Pair of grey - orange Trainers (Addidas)
1 Pair of Bucks (Cheaney)
3 Pair of black boots (Meindl)
1 Pair of white trainers (K-Swiss)
1 Pair of suede loafers (Tod`s)
1 Pair of brown trainers (RL)
3 Pairs of linen shoes (Paul Shark)
roundabout >30 pairs

Damn` - I`ve never countet them before.

Living in Germany I often notice the bad footwear of several businessmen - It`s a pitty.

Greetings
Macciavelli

shoefan

Reaction score
JerrysFriend:

Wow.

I don't know whether to hope that you already had that list compiled or to hope that you had not.  

I am about to move into a newly purchased home and fear my wife will discover the true magnitude of my collection.  I'm tempted to rent some off-site storage but think that would just be a bit extreme....  Hello e-bay.  (A new thought: how to justify a personal shoe museum for display and appreciation of fine shoes?  We'll have an extra bedroom, at least for now, and who needs kids?)

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Add the new Santoni spectators
You wouldn't have pictures of these, or a link to the eBay auction, would you? I'd like to see Santoni's take on the spectator. If not, could you describe them?

I just picked up my first pair of spectators - cap-toe derbys in brown pebblegrain leather and beige canvas from Moreschi -and there's at least two more pairs on my list...

Thanks.

marc37

Reaction score
Well done nick, got pic's.

l would like to see Santoni's take on spec's as well.

jerrysfriend

Reaction score
This is all that is left of the Santoni specs that I got on e-bay. http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws....MEWN:IT I cannot get the pictures to come up, only little xs. I was told the problem is with my "cookies," but I am a novice with the Internet and the only "cookies" I know about are Oreos, etc.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
has a member had an experience in buying shoes from alden of carmel

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
michaelw:

I have purchased 5 pair of shoes from Alden of Carmel. Mr. Adam Knott is very meticulous, and the shoes are wonderful (if a bit expensive).

Bic

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, jerrysfriend, one name i have not heard in a long time, Frank Bros.....that is a name from the past....Muse's, was that where you got them?

jerrysfriend

Reaction score
wow, jerrysfriend, one name i have not heard in a long time, Frank Bros.....that is a name from the past....Muse's, was that where you got them?
I guess that you have seen my shoe list and saw that I really needed all of those Grensons that I bought from you. Remember, mum's the word about them, as I value my marriage.
It was not Muse's where I got the Frank Brother's shoes; it was John Jarrell's, downtown on Broad Street, which closed when you were still in short pants.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(nightowl6261a @ 01 Oct. 2004, 12:39) wow, jerrysfriend, one name i have not heard in a long time, Frank Bros.....that is a name from the past....Muse's, was that where you got them?
I guess that you have seen my shoe list and saw that I really needed all of those Grensons that I bought from you. Remember, mum's the word about them, as I value my marriage. It was not Muse's where I got the Frank Brother's shoes; it was John Jarrell's, downtown on Broad Street, which closed when you were still in short pants.
i am not even sure i had short pants by then....maybe short diapers..that was a time when broad st was still a happening place to shop, and you were'nt scared to go down there

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads