• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats Sam on the race and impressive time.

7.5 miles today in some pretty cold weather.

Decided to try out how my cold weather gear would fair. Temps in the teens with 15 mph wind made it single digit wind chill. The Sugoi 180 pants and 220 jacket were awesome. With only wind boxers and a wicking t-shirt underneath, both the pants and jacket were great to run in. Hard to believe the technology of what amounts to a track suit over underwear could keep me warm in this type of cold.

Winter weight wool socks, neck gaiter, and sweatvac beenie made for a really comfortable run. Gloves were almost too warm. I think I could wear these clothes in negative single digit weather and be ok.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
11.85. Intended to do 10, but needed to make a stop a bit out of the way en route to my son's futsal game.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Got in just over 11 miles this am in CP in 1:28:34. It was i nthe mid 50's, felt more like April than January. Wonder when the cold weather is going to show up...

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran 5.5km today.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got in 6.24 miles last night. Went off to explore some other parts of the city I have not ventured in since moving to Nashville in April. I thought it was a great run and looked up prices to the annual larger HM and M and the prices were $120 for a HM. I decided I will look for a smaller one since they are all over the place around here and a couple times a month.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 ish with strides last night
10.5 tonight

my body is getting back into the routine of high mileage, but my calves are protesting. It is a familiar soreness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads