• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
what's the best way to run and focus on pace/mile ? Should I invest in one of those watches?

Just get a cheapo Timex Ironman. Tons of memory to save your lap times and lasts forever. Some models come with neat additional features like heart rate monitor or iPod control, if you need.

Did some trail and hills/stairs over the last couple of days. Around 3 miles each run. Ultimate frisbee today, so perhaps a long run tomorrow if weather allows.

Fatto_in_Italia

Reaction score
Another 5K yesterday. Still not ready to up the milage. Especially not, since I felt my left knee hurting again, all the way up till my left hip. :S

limester816

Reaction score
Ran 5k outside for the first time since November... 20:30 . I'm happy and I'm unhappy. I ran 18min 5k's a few months ago, but also today I pushed myself in the 30 degree cold. Time to start training again.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
6.03 miles in 49:29. Like a dipshit, I drank a huge protein shake 30 minutes before my run and my stomach was cramping so bad that I almost bailed out before the 2nd mile
facepalm.gif

Did that once on a long run many years back, except I had Jack in the Box.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
Originally Posted by whacked
Just get a cheapo Timex Ironman. Tons of memory to save your lap times and lasts forever. Some models come with neat additional features like heart rate monitor or iPod control, if you need. (...)
This - I have a 100 lap ironman that's been going strong since '02. oh, and today: 8 miles broken into 4-mail segments. First four - 30:30. Went in, asked the peeps if they want to come with (they said no), went out again for another four in 32-ish. Didn't sleep well at all last night: damn dog kept waking me up.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3 and a bit. I'm still on the road, so I did it on a running track at a hotel. it was one of the nicest running tracks I've ever run on, it was set up to twist around stuff, so about half of it had windows (10nth floor with a cool view) and half was sort of like in tunnels. not at all boring

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
getting my running legs back, slowly but surely.

9.2 mile run, 3.3 mile walk on Sat.
3.4 mile walk on Sun.
7.2 mile run today.

not focusing on times just yet but that's next.

-Jeff

Reaction score
I run 2 miles today because I have started this before a week. That's why speed is too slow. But I know it will increase for 5-6 miles per day one week after.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
4 miles this morning, modest pace, 30:40. Getting ready for a 10k on Saturday, and just want to keep the legs moving without wearing them down.

spencers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pitboss12
If you have an iphone you can use a free app called run tracker that will give you the same data. It'll even give you mile markers on a map after your run.

Thanks! Totally forgot about that.

I guess I just prefer racking up those miles on Nike+. ha!

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 mile slow recovery run late last night.

Originally Posted by gamelan
getting my running legs back, slowly but surely.

9.2 mile run, 3.3 mile walk on Sat.
3.4 mile walk on Sun.
7.2 mile run today.

not focusing on times just yet but that's next.

-Jeff

Good job Jeff! Are you planning on doing any races soon?

Originally Posted by sheilaelliott1
I run 2 miles today because I have started this before a week. That's why speed is too slow. But I know it will increase for 5-6 miles per day one week after.

Good luck with that - make sure you don't increase your mileage too quickly.

Originally Posted by Thomas
4 miles this morning, modest pace, 30:40. Getting ready for a 10k on Saturday, and just want to keep the legs moving without wearing them down.

Good luck T - what time are you aiming for on that 10K?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
(...) Good luck T - what time are you aiming for on that 10K?

It depends on how much bounce I have in my legs. 45 minutes should be feasible, with a nod towards 43 depending on conditions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads