• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
13.2km (8 1/4 miles) today. I was supposed to be taking it easy, but it was the conditions I like best (about 10ºC and light rain) and I was enjoying being back so much that I ran nearer steady run pace than easy pace: 1:02:40, for 4:45/km (7:39/mile).

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8.3 miles, but only 7 running this evening with an average pace of 9:40/mile. Didn't get a good night of sleep last night and just ran the first 7 and walked the rest of the way.

Was humid today too. Not looking forward to running when the weather gets warmer than 70 F.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with running but I recall @Man with Apple and @Fueco posting up some pictures in this thread of fish they've caught and when I saw this in the local paper I thought they might be interested:

I know there are some big fish in the rivers and lakes here but this one is enormous!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with running but I recall @Man with Apple and @Fueco posting up some pictures in this thread of fish they've caught and when I saw this in the local paper I thought they might be interested:

I know there are some big fish in the rivers and lakes here but this one is enormous!

Sturgeon get pretty dang big. I’ve heard of 12-footers on the Sacramento River, and once had a four foot long one jump and hit the side of my kayak (on the Sacramento north on Red Bluff, CA).

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just reregistered for my first race of 2020. I’d originally signed up for the Colfax Marathon in Denver that was supposed to be in April 2020. It was moved back twice. I switched to the Half Marathon since I don’t have any desire to train for a marathon this year... The race will eith be on October 16 or 17, depending on the Broncos’ schedule since the course goes through the stadium.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I felt recovered enough to try for the 10km part of our club's spring challenge. Time has now run out for any half-marathon attempt as well so I won't be able to complete the challenge, but it was a cool, sunny day with only a light breeze today and I thought I might as well give the 10k a go. However I pretty much knew I would likely pull something in the process because I just hadn't run fast for a few weeks now.

Once again the Endorphin Pro's were incredible, in fact maybe a bit too good. I could feel I was running faster than when I did the 5k TT a few weeks ago, and I hit my 5k turnaround point in 0:19:16 (that's 3:51/km or 6:11/mile). I knew I wouldn't keep that up but, I still got to the 8k point in 31:20 (I haven't run 8k that fast in years), which meant those last 3km were covered in an average of 4:01/km (6:27/km). Of course that's when I noticed my left hamstring wasn't right... I slowed a little while trying to still keep a reasonable pace but just after the 9km mark, I felt that tell-tale 'ping', and I really couldn't do much more than a shuffle for the last half km, which probably took around 3 minutes on its own.

Still: 40:31 (4:03/km or 6:31/mile) is the fastest I've run a 10km since 2014, and it's definitely my best age-graded performance at that distance (74.56%). But the slightly annoying thing is that I know I could have easily gone under 40 minutes had I not gone out so hard over the first 5km and injured myself. Next time...

SpringChallenge_10k_finish.jpg

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
15ish miles on my cyclocross bike on a mix of paved roads, gravel roads and trails. Temps were in the mid 80s, and I caught a few raindrops. It’s supposed to rain pretty hard from tomorrow afternoon through Tuesday morning.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing on Friday as I worked then headed to the Saturday race to volunteer. It was a lot of fun helping out at an aid station. We were at mile 13.5 of ~46 miles after the course rerouted a little due to trail conditions. Everyone came through after 4hrs though some started 2hrs early and were out there 6 hours at that point. I then helped on a few other items and got to see 1st place finish in 7:15. The guy (kid) still looked fresh after that pace. I headed home after as I was sleep deprived.

Yesterday I got out for 10.8 miles on a mix of greenway and trails. I felt really good the whole time as temps weren't too hot.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finished last week with 64.2 miles, making four weeks in a row with 60+ miles. I'm hoping to get up to 70+ miles a week by the end of this month.

Yesterday morning was pretty nice with temps around 70º. I got in 7.2 miles and would have liked to get about double that but slept a bit later than I had originally planned.

This morning I got in 6.3 miles at 7:39/mile pace. Temps were still pretty nice at about 61º but it was a little rainy out. I'm going to try to get out for another 10k at lunch time. It will be a little warmer but still rainy. It's supposed to get chilly again for the rest of the mornings this week.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Around 35 miles ridden on Saturday. 9 miles to the meet point for a food-themed ride. The ride itself was supposed to be 20 miles, but I had to bail early because it wasn't moving quick enough and I had an appointment for my second vaccination shot.

I rode with them till about 19 miles and missed two of the stops we were going to make with some Indian food and cocktails to finish the ride. Another 7 miles on the commute back home from where I left them.

I signed up for the ride knowing I would have to bail early because of my appointment, but wish I could have hung around more to get to the next food stop.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today was the rare day I bailed early on a run. I ran with the dogs, with the intent of running the 3.6 miles to the water tower at the top of the hill and back. I got to the mail trailhead and decided it was too miserable out. So I did 2 miles, in a light rain, with temps around 40.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have well and truly fallen off the wagon. I think I've ridden twice in the last two weeks, and one of those rides was very casual. I guess I'm saying it out loud here to try to motivate myself to get back in gear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads