• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4.3 miles today with a nice recovery run and very low heart rate.

Today
1617 5K PR!!! On a USATF certified legit course, the Santa Monica 5000 - stoked to have a stamped and certified PR. .
Wingin It- dont go nuts during the taper - I always kind of do.

That is an awesome smoking 5K time Sam, congrats.
I have followed this plan exactly for 14+ weeks, hopefully I can deal with another 12 days.

I finished in 3:34:42. Started to fade at mile 22 and missed a PR by 11 seconds.

Good job and a good finishing time. I'd love to come close to that in a couple weeks.

Well, first marathon done! My goal was to cross the finish line by whatever means necessary, run, walk or crawl so I'm pleased to have completed in a moderatly un injured a state! Fair to say my legs hurt today though..

[COLOR=FF00AA]Given I'm 37 good to prove to myself that whilst I'm a lot slower than when I was younger I'm not quite geriatric yet[/COLOR]!

Congrats Equus on completing the race. Lots of time and effort toward training and it paid off.
I have to laugh about the geriatric quote. I know we don't talk alot about everyone's age, but I've got you by 10 years. I've always considered "old" the next age group above me. Just having some fun, had to give you some **** about that one. I laughed when reading it. You are right that this has been a good thread to read and share.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did 4 miles this morning. The wind chill was 28. Now, WHERE are my mittens?

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 tonight in some driving rain at just over an 8'/mi pace. And I think Romney's motorcade puddle checked me.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I have to laugh about the geriatric quote. I know we don't talk alot about everyone's age, but I've got you by 10 years. I've always considered "old" the next age group above me. Just having some fun, had to give you some **** about that one. I laughed when reading it. You are right that this has been a good thread to read and share.
Your quite right, the next age group up is always the oldies, I am nearly in V40 now! There were lots of people lots older then me who beat me hollow at the weekend, its a function of training and talent rather than age. I guess if I had a point it was that I caught myself starting to accept the onset of age and less activity - dangerous mindset I wanted to break. :) Charlie

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tuesday morning: 4 miles 7.40 average pace

Chilly, but no wind. Perfect weather.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Back in northern New York. 6.25. Heels still hurt after a week off. :fu:

But, natural splendor:

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8-ish miles monday.
4 in the morning easy and
9pm annoyingly too fast for an easy day.
Will think about getting in a workout tomorrow, but not 100% certain how I will have recovered.

alexn78

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I think we should run almost 2 kilometer in a day to be active and smart. Because run as long keep you body healthy and helps to control your body cholesterol and calories that are the reason of many diseases.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9 miles total. The workout was hills with good warm up and down. Quads and calves are aching, almost yoga time.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9 miles today with tempo intervals.

Way to go Equus, cool pic to have (for an old guy). At the St Pat's Day 8K/Half/Full weekend in Va Beach, they had some pretty good looking finishers shadow boxes. Varied in what was available and pricing, but had spot for picture, medal, race info, date, and your time. I may pick one of those myself after the next few weekends. I"m sure they are available online too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads