• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 miles this morn. Next Sunday, there is a 5K run at the Detroit Zoo. That sounds like it will be a fun event.

NYRanger--bummer! It's not fun being ill--but more so when the weather is nice.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

5 miles this morn. Next Sunday, there is a 5K run at the Detroit Zoo. That sounds like it will be a fun event.
NYRanger--bummer! It's not fun being ill--but more so when the weather is nice.

Good luck in your 5k CP! I also have a Father's Day 5k next weekend.

NYR: I always get sick when I overtrain - could that be the case with you?

10 easy miles.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8 today with a Big 5k PR!
16:20:09 according to the official results, but the timing was a bit screwy. My watch had me at 16:27 - and the course is certified & legit. Conservatively hat is a 19 second PR for me - WOOHOO. Very Pleased.
Yesterday was the undie run for finals week at my school, which was super fun.
So happy to have gotten a big pr after a really disappointing outing in Boston.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5 miles in new shooz - New Balance Minimus. It was a good run, the shoes felt great. The Brooks minimaIist shoes I bought a few weeks ago were disappointing thus, I was pleased the NB worked well.

MoreFire

Reaction score

16:20:09 according to the official results, but the timing was a bit screwy. My watch had me at 16:27 - and the course is certified & legit. Conservatively hat is a 19 second PR for me - WOOHOO. Very Pleased.

That is awesome, congrats man!

edit. Just came back from my run. Did 30min basic endurance, 5x2min lil faster /w 1min rest in between and some cooldown.
Will do some stretching & blackrolling in the evening, hopefully to improve my regeneration.

Last edited:

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats Sam! That is a blazing time. And most people I know who ran Boston this April were disappointed in their time. It was brutal.

Tell me about it...ugh
I generally don't get that "tired" feeling from training. I don't know. What's your rest schedule like?

During a marathon training, I take Wednesdays off. And I take Wednesday's and Saturday's off or cross train in an off cycle. Of course, if you work around kids, those little boogers will get you sick every time.

10 easy miles.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
10 km around an island in stockholm today, crazy run, about half in city, half in woods, always running with the water on my side.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads