• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Got an update on my friend. In addition to the collarbone and scapula, he broke ribs and punctured a lung and his liver. Still in the hospital.

1680670778128.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rode over to watch a bootleg CX race in Golden Gate Park this evening. I should have entered because it looked like a ton of fun. Rode a couple laps of the course:

1680753444556.png

Ivy Audrain was there getting beer handups:
1516B450-1F71-40B8-8B7A-E46F4F17A473.jpeg
A5D85F9C-A8EA-4BF7-B88F-A00C1BD5B4B3.jpeg
563ECC0D-B2B1-4829-B872-487470BA64B1.jpeg

E52CDBCC-AEF9-4367-A5DB-A0DC83F38A56.jpeg

Park ranger shut it down after the first round
6B13D212-798A-4CF3-AD28-48CE693583AF.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@sugarbutch - That park ranger's hand is cupped perfectly for somebody more skilled than me to photoshop a can of beer into there!

4.6 easy miles yesterday morning.

I found a good deal on a Garmin HR chest strap so yesterday was my first run using that. It will be interesting to see if the measurements on some of my common routes are any different if I am keeping a similar pace. I imagine the HR readings on my watch were always a little off (or less accurate) but now will be the test to see if they were consistently off in the same directions which is what I always figured was the case.

The HR monitor + the watch also allows me to track things like average and max cadence, stride length, ground contact time, etc. but I really have no idea what any of that means.

What I'm most interested in using it for is during spin classes since the watch doesn't measure HR through the wrist sensor with cycling activities. There are some points in a spin class where I know my HR is really up there so now I can see how high I'm really getting and how much time I'm spending in each zone.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5.8 mile ruck on my old stomping grounds in the park. Used 30lbs vs. the 50 I normally use since it was going to be more up and down. The trail has been rerouted in multiple areas so felt lost in places since I have spent days of my life running around that thing. Some areas needed it because people were carving their own paths to get around the sketchy gravel parts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads