• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Edinas times are taken by sundial and it was a cloudy day so pardon his errors...
**** you, man. I definitely hit 47 minutes on the road today.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7.68 (can we call it 7.7?) Because I quit about .3 miles from home. Had a bad stitch for the final mile. Oh well it was slow 43.27 minutes

Rounding off is fine... I would’ve run farther yesterday, but I had to “go” for the last mile as it was.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
31 mi after work, a shorter version of the ride I did on Saturday. There’s a fire out on Pt. Reyes, and when I got up to the top of Marincello, I could smell smoke, and it was streaming in through the Tennessee Valley

BDA21B0F-DB3E-4389-AF44-6946F5C7A800.jpeg
3406B436-77B5-44F9-8716-A89C7A7429F5.jpeg
FFAB374B-881B-4FDD-A7A5-3664253514FB.jpeg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah incredibly pretty photos. Almost makes up for San Francisco.

Did the same route as yesterday. Was shocked it was only five minutes slower because at mile 4 i said almost out loud: "i am so ******* sick of this run". Took three breaks total.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 miles to the park, 20 hill repeats on the sledding hill, and 3 miles back home this morning for a total of 8.5 miles. I also worked 40 pull-ups in with the hill repeats.

while the days will still be pretty hot and muggy here for a while, I think we’ve reached the part of the year near the end of the summer where the mornings are warm but crisp without much humidity. Normally this would be my favorite time of the year to go running but this year it just reminds me that my kids won’t be physically back in their schools for some time…

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 miles this morning after a mini break this weekend. as last week wasn't great in terms of speed, i wanted to start slow today and tried to crank up the pace a bit each mile, trying to remind the legs what turnover feels like. splits were 8:20 / 8:05 / 7:50 / 7:30. felt good. it was an effort but not like last week so hopefully i'm past that.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 miles for me this morning. Didn’t time myself since it was just an easy recovery run. Probably ran in the high 7’s.

Weather has been brutal. At 5:30 am it was already 75 degrees. We are in the midst of a heat wave in So Cal where temps have been regularly in the triple digits. Today is forecast to be 107.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9 miles for me this morning. It really is amazing how much of an effect the weather has on me. I live in Cincinnati, which has basically the same summer climate as Florida, without any of the benefits. Its hot and humid, even in the mornings when I try to run.

Today, it was in the low 70s, with heavy clouds and even a light rain shower, and I felt great. I wasnt even pushing very hard and my heart rate was fairly low for me, and I still finished in 8 minute mile pace. Thats pretty good for me, especially with the hills we have here and the fact that I'm slow and useless...

On that subject, my wife is a life long runner and is a little perturbed that I've started running since the shutdown since its her "thing". I've convinced her ot come on 2 runs with me, just to spend some time together and I noticed that she stops her watch whenever we have to stop for a light or she wants to take a little break and walk for 20 seconds. Is this normal? I never stop my watch when I run, since I figure any time I stop is helping me recover and run faster for the rest of the run. Can someone help out the newb over here?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed that she stops her watch whenever we have to stop for a light or she wants to take a little break and walk for 20 seconds. Is this normal? I never stop my watch when I run, since I figure any time I stop is helping me recover and run faster for the rest of the run. Can someone help out the newb over here?

Traffic lights aren't really an issue where I live and there's nothing I have to stop for but, yes, when I'm running in Tokyo, I pause my watch for traffic lights and other enforced stops. It's different story if I just want to take a break, that gets included unless it was a scheduled part of my program, and I have to make it up if I am trying to run to a certain average pace.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm taking a week off to let my hamstring recover, and then when I come back I have decided I will go back to rebuilding base miles and more cross-training. So no sprint intervals, no tempo runs, just easy-paced runs, one of which will be properly long, plus one steady run and at least two decent bike rides a week, gradually increasing the distances.

I am supposed to be running a race-replacement marathon-distance TT at the start of October and while I won't be aiming for any kind of a time, I at least want to finish it.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@bdavro23 you have hit upon a major philosophical question. You kind if have to decide which school you belong to early on. Me i figure i aint running fast enough that an extra minute or two really makes a difference. I was doing a race a few years ago and spent the first three miles looking for a portapotty and my pissing really fucked up my time. Didn't count it also didn't care.

I dont know it sounds like you and the mrs might need counseling to heal this rift. Pm me for friends and family rates.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads