• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Michigan Planner , I don’t chase big fish, but I do chase fish at high altitudes. As I told a couple of hikers who asked about the fishing, I’m more interested in seeing how high I can find fish than in how big the fish are. I caught two at 10,640’ today.

Here’s a test for you. How many trout do you see in this picture?

6EFBC2DD-3424-4176-95AE-1653A83D8173.jpeg

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I'm having trouble discerning fish from fish shadow but quite a few.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did we ever decide on a shirt? Could i make a suggestion? If the shirt is like 28 we make it 40 with the extra 12 being a donation to the local foodbank in the name of who is organizing this (i forgot who)

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did we ever decide on a shirt? Could i make a suggestion? If the shirt is like 28 we make it 40 with the extra 12 being a donation to the local foodbank in the name of who is organizing this (i forgot who)
I have the logo. Just need to make the requested alteration to the name of the group.

Now the question for the group is, what kind of top do we want?

T-Shirt, Tech Shirt, or Singlet?

If we can settle on one I can pick out some styles and check back in with you all.

Again, here is the proposed logo that will be altered to change “Running” to “Athletic”.
F00A7461-B929-45AE-95EF-E30067D15BE6.jpeg

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
My vote is tech shirt. I have more tees than I need and I don’t wear singlets.

kjb

Reaction score
Another 4.5 today. Wanted to speed it up since I took it slow yesterday but legs just didn’t want to turn over like I wanted them too. Managed a middle mile under 8 but couldn’t keep the pace. Beautiful day though and still feels really good to get out.

Planning a few easy tomorrow and then I’ll try again next week.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Fueco - What’s the highest altitude you’ve caught a fish at? Do they generally get smaller the higher the altitude?
10,640 is my best. Lakes at higher elevations tend to not have much vegetation around them, which doesn't support much of a supply of what fish eat (primarily bugs, though larger fish will eat mice and other small animals that fall into the water). I've heard that some of the lakes at 11,000+ feet are fishy, but I haven't been on them yet.

Creeks at higher elevations tend not to have much water in them, though might seasonally support fish if above a suitable lake. Fish in lakes can get pretty big even at altitude. I've seen pics of 15+ inch trout in high altitude lakes in RMNP.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After watching Cheptegei run a 12:35 5K I decided to run 14 miles for a double 7 mile loop. Came in a little over 2 hours and good for a 8:43/mi pace. It was pretty warm but no I’ll effects.

As for shirt, I’d do a tech shirt and don’t really mind what color.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.