• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steady 11.4km (7 miles) today - basically the route of my local 10k race + the distance from my house to the start line and back from the finish. 5:02/km pace, which is almost exactly what I was aiming for.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4 miles before the rain comes (we’re supposed to get 1/4” of rain followed by 2-3” of snow). Temps in the low 40s.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We had some snow last weekend but it melted within hours. Warm sunshine today, but still that stiff breeze, this time from the west.

It was tempo day today. Increasing the distance again, this time to 10k (6 miles), I was aiming to keep the pace to 4:20/km, but I sagged a bit in the middle and ended up at exactly 44:00, which is 4:24/km. Not bad, and I had a lot more left, as you are supposed to after a tempo.

And, if I look back, this is more than 2 minutes faster than the last 10k race I did (July last year), so the improvement has been obvious. But still a way to go (isn't there always?).

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7 miles last night. 4 minutes slower than usual due to running after dinner. Temps were in the 80s but we are suppose to cool down again next week.

Also picked up some shirts from the local running shop who started online orders after having to shut down for 2 weeks. Easier to pay for shipping than stop by due to the location of the store to me but always happy to help

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was raining hard here today. There was supposed to be about a 3 hour window when it wasn't, so I went out, but the forecast wasn't quite accurate. After the rain got harder and harder, I decided to cut it short before I got to the section when it wasn't possible to make a loop home.

Then on the way back, a young border collie appeared out of nowhere and started to run along with me. I stopped, checked its tag, but there was just a registration number, no phone or address. I tried to get it to go home, but it wouldn't, and just carried on following me. I continued to try to stop and get it to go home, and it would pretend to go, then five minutes later it would jump out from a hedge as if to show me it had been tracking me the whole time. Eventually, when I got to the main road to the village, it stopped, and just a minute later a car turned up and he jumped in. Apparently someone had seen him running and knew who he was, as we were told later (his name is 'Gus' and he's still being trained - I know where he lives now if he ever tries to run with me again).

Anyway, 14.3km (almost 9 miles) @ 5:55/km pace - it was supposed to be 26.7km, which I will do on Tuesday instead.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.