• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Congratulations on Fueco kidlet v3.0 (?)!

Given where you run, I think your exposure risk is minimal, but obviously you are the best judge of this. Stay safe.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on Fueco kidlet v3.0 (?)!

Given where you run, I think your exposure risk is minimal, but obviously you are the best judge of this. Stay safe.

Mostly true, but on my longer runs, I often use porta-potties, public restrooms, drinking fountains, etc, which I have no way to clean.

I’ve already proven to myself that I can run 100km in a day, so there’s no reason to force another long race. I’ll get back on it after this outbreak is over.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm lucky in the sense that there are no public facilities where I run on the island, nothing to touch or clean (even so I'm wearing gloves), and I only see the occasional person who's almost always in a car. So I'm quite happy to keep running long distances here, even though the races I am training for will almost certainly not happen.

Today it was another 'long run' (although shorter than my weekend one): 14.3km (just under 9 miles), at 5:45/km pace.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mostly true, but on my longer runs, I often use porta-potties, public restrooms, drinking fountains, etc, which I have no way to clean.

I’ve already proven to myself that I can run 100km in a day, so there’s no reason to force another long race. I’ll get back on it after this outbreak is over.

I figure that for now, I'll keep it to being trained up for a half marathon. If my mid-May race goes on, I can still do the half. If it is postponed, I can still do the marathon. I'm using this break as a chance to reset my body and work more on mobility and strength.

I've been climbing at my lifetime best (I wonder how many 43-year olds who have been climbing for 25+ years can say that?) recently, so I'll work on that. I have a hangboard in my shed, and some weights in the garage.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My friend qualified for Boston this year, and the postponed date overlaps with a trip for his 20th anniversary. He was also shafted for the NYC Marathon by Hurricane Sandy.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
@Fueco now seems like a better time than ever to establish long-range running capability...

:)

I keep telling my wife Californians are going to be in even better shape than usual by next month.

I figure that for now, I'll keep it to being trained up for a half marathon. If my mid-May race goes on, I can still do the half. If it is postponed, I can still do the marathon. I'm using this break as a chance to reset my body and work more on mobility and strength.

I've been climbing at my lifetime best (I wonder how many 43-year olds who have been climbing for 25+ years can say that?) recently, so I'll work on that. I have a hangboard in my shed, and some weights in the garage.

A buddy of mine is at least as good at 60 as he was at 40, and might be better. He's been climbing for 40+ years!

Goals!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And so it begins...

E74C6783-0183-4755-8277-C1A53FF79AB3.jpeg

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friend qualified for Boston this year, and the postponed date overlaps with a trip for his 20th anniversary. He was also shafted for the NYC Marathon by Hurricane Sandy.

Poor guy. Those are two tough breaks.

The implosion of the spring season is tough for competitors. I hope the situation improves sooner than projected.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poor guy. Those are two tough breaks.

The implosion of the spring season is tough for competitors. I hope the situation improves sooner than projected.

Unfortunately I think we will see very few, if any, events this whole year. The projections from Imperial College in London show that unless everyone gets vaccinated, once a vaccine is ready, we are likely to see a second wave of the pandemic as soon as restrictions are lifted. So they argue we need continuing restrictions until we can vaccinate...

I'm going to continue on exactly the same program, and I will try to run the equivalent to the events I was going to do, or as near as...

I got out for a steady 10k yesterday, 4:56/km pace.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tempo time today. I'm aiming to slowly increase the distances I'm running at all paces again this month, so last tempo was 6.7km (just over 4 miles), this time it was 8.2km (just over 5 miles). I would really like to be running at 4:15/km pace for these, but tempo is more about feeling (well, heart-rate, if you know it), and right now around 4:18/km seems to be where I am.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads