• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 miles before the rain comes (we’re supposed to get 1/4” of rain followed by 2-3” of snow). Temps in the low 40s.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We had some snow last weekend but it melted within hours. Warm sunshine today, but still that stiff breeze, this time from the west.

It was tempo day today. Increasing the distance again, this time to 10k (6 miles), I was aiming to keep the pace to 4:20/km, but I sagged a bit in the middle and ended up at exactly 44:00, which is 4:24/km. Not bad, and I had a lot more left, as you are supposed to after a tempo.

And, if I look back, this is more than 2 minutes faster than the last 10k race I did (July last year), so the improvement has been obvious. But still a way to go (isn't there always?).

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7 miles last night. 4 minutes slower than usual due to running after dinner. Temps were in the 80s but we are suppose to cool down again next week.

Also picked up some shirts from the local running shop who started online orders after having to shut down for 2 weeks. Easier to pay for shipping than stop by due to the location of the store to me but always happy to help

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was raining hard here today. There was supposed to be about a 3 hour window when it wasn't, so I went out, but the forecast wasn't quite accurate. After the rain got harder and harder, I decided to cut it short before I got to the section when it wasn't possible to make a loop home.

Then on the way back, a young border collie appeared out of nowhere and started to run along with me. I stopped, checked its tag, but there was just a registration number, no phone or address. I tried to get it to go home, but it wouldn't, and just carried on following me. I continued to try to stop and get it to go home, and it would pretend to go, then five minutes later it would jump out from a hedge as if to show me it had been tracking me the whole time. Eventually, when I got to the main road to the village, it stopped, and just a minute later a car turned up and he jumped in. Apparently someone had seen him running and knew who he was, as we were told later (his name is 'Gus' and he's still being trained - I know where he lives now if he ever tries to run with me again).

Anyway, 14.3km (almost 9 miles) @ 5:55/km pace - it was supposed to be 26.7km, which I will do on Tuesday instead.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads