• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How long until Ed Hardy reaches critical douchebag mass?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I swear that trash is getting more and more popular instead of less, how long until it reaches critical mass and implodes? I see hats, shoes, t-shirts, worn by 20 year olds in NEXT and 40 year old moms, god help us.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Did they change their name to Ed Hardy?

capnpyro

Reaction score
I think we have another 3 months at most until critical mass is reached. Remember the great Von Dutch incident a few years back? This has got to be around that point by now, right?

I was at Comic-con over last weekend and there were two types of people. Those dressed as comic nerds that don't care what they look like, and the cool crowd people wearing Ed Hardy shirts. The nerds looked better.

[edit, ****, beaten]

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I swear that trash is getting more and more popular instead of less, how long until it reaches critical mass and implodes? I see hats, shoes, t-shirts, worn by 20 year olds in NEXT and 40 year old moms, god help us.

I see your San Fran trip took you to the Castro.

cshd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
I think we have another 3 months at most until critical mass is reached. Remember the great Von Dutch incident a few years back? This has got to be around that point by now, right?

I was at Comic-con over last weekend and there were two types of people. Those dressed as comic nerds that don't care what they look like, and the cool crowd people wearing Ed Hardy shirts. The nerds looked better.

[edit, ****, beaten]

Why what happened to von dutch? sorry im a noob at this forum. I searched "Von Dutch incident" in google and it led back to this thread. I didnt know Ed Hardy was getting that bad I only seen a couple people here in akron wear the ed hard jeans witht he big "Ed Hardy" printed on the back pockets.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cshd
Why what happened to von dutch? sorry im a noob at this forum. I searched "Von Dutch incident" in google and it led back to this thread. I didnt know Ed Hardy was getting that bad I only seen a couple people here in akron wear the ed hard jeans witht he big "Ed Hardy" printed on the back pockets.

Yeah but they've got Ed Hardy in their blood

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies
They sell them for kids as well. We have been approached to carry them in our Boutique.

(We declined).

What did you say to them?

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^
LOL @ SoCal

I dunno, it may take a little while longer; the funny thing is brothers are all about it too. Juelz rocks it all the time, and during Essence Fest you couldn't walk half a block in downtown NOLA without seeing dudes decked out in the stuff. If black guys are into it, that means in the eyes of a lot of people it's not just some guido nonsense but may actually seem cool. Add to that the fact that they also do the jeans with the hideous dragon graphics across the back, which don't seem to be cooling off anytime soon, and it may be a while...

I mean, the baggy predistressed bootcut jeans/garish graphic tee/tacky designer belt/blazer/chains/white kicks look has been de rigeur for US Weekly dudes for years; I don't think this stuff is going away.

Anyway, is it any worse (or better) than Affliction?

Edit: Actually, Von Dutch is a good counter example...that wasn't just a white frat thing either...I guess the answer is I don't know, but it will be replaced by something equally horrific, so who cares?

Smells Like Poor

Reaction score
You know it's getting good when West Virginian's start wearing it. By the time these trends hit WV they're usually on their way out. There is actually one "boutique" here in Huntington that basically only carries Ed Hardy and Christian Audigier and manages to stay in business...

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
...I guess the answer is I don't know, but it will be replaced by something equally horrific, so who cares?
worship.gif
Praised for truthiness. Christian has started his own trade show in Las Vegas this season. He pissed so many people off with his "Gargantuan" booth and loud music at the last show that he's decided to start his own trade show at the Caesars Palace. The show is actually called "When I move You Move" can you believe that ****?. He's a one man wrecking ball for the image of the LA fashion Industry. http://wimym.com/Registration/Registration.html

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
worship.gif
Praised for truthiness. Christian has started his own trade show in Las Vegas this season. He pissed so many people off with his "Gargantuan" booth and loud music at the last show that he's decided to start his own trade show at the Caesars Palace. The show is actually called "When I move You Move" can you believe that ****?. He's a one man wrecking ball for the image of the LA fashion Industry.

http://wimym.com/Registration/Registration.html

Holy ****.. these brand descriptions are pure comedy..

http://wimym.com/Brands/Akoo.html
"Inspired and ignited by the style and following the image of the gentleman rapper...TI"

http://wimym.com/Brands/Snac.html
"Christian Audigier brings his trendsetting designs and Macy Gray brings her unconventional sense funky style to launch this retro inspired brand."

It keeps going.. i feel sick going through this brand list..

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Holy ****.. these brand descriptions are pure comedy..

http://wimym.com/Brands/Akoo.html
"Inspired and ignited by the style and following the image of the gentleman rapper...TI"

http://wimym.com/Brands/Snac.html
"Christian Audigier brings his trendsetting designs and Macy Gray brings her unconventional sense funky style to launch this retro inspired brand."

It keeps going.. i feel sick going through this brand list..

Just by looking at the website Kiya you are slowly ruining your stores integrity, file...shutdown right now and go feel some slubby indigo for 5 minutes.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh my god.. i just realized that almost every single brand in that list is a collaboration brand between Audigier and another person.
How full of yourself can you be to create a show where 90% of the brands are YOUR brands.. this has to be a fashion industry first.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads