• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How long until Ed Hardy reaches critical douchebag mass?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
****.. it gets better.. this brand is what? a horrid attempt at Steam Punk?
MaliciousManor.jpg

Smells Like Poor

Reaction score
Christian is all about making lifestyle brands! Obnoxious clothes for obnoxious people...

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
A friend of mine worked at the Ed Hardy HQ for 4 weeks. I don't know how many of you know that Christian has an employee that follows him around with a video camera Paparazzi Style twenty four seven, he even has the guy film him whilst at the office.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
A friend of mine worked at the Ed Hardy HQ for 4 weeks. I don't know how many of you know that Christian has an employee that follows him around with a video camera Paparazzi Style twenty four seven, he even has the guy film him whilst at the office.

I remember seeing that at Project in Vegas. I had heard about it and was prepared for it. I was still surprised at how big a douchebag he came off as when I saw him.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa...Wikipedia reveals Audigier used to design for Von Dutch; was this common knowledge?

He's got the guido block on lock sonn...

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Whoa...Wikipedia reveals Audigier used to design for Von Dutch; was this common knowledge?

He's got the guido block on lock sonn...

It actually mentions that multiple times on that trade show site within the brand descriptions..

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
you know you spelled your wrong?

I was about to say something... is your site and username intentionally "your" instead of "you're"?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amusing article my friend wrote about Ed Hardy/Audigier for school newsletter. It gets kinda elitest and preachy towards the end, but its amusing at points.

A half a year ago, is when I first started noticing this Ed Hardy and Christian Audigier trend beginning to take shape in Vancouver. In case you’re not familiar, Christian Au-douche-ier and Ed Turdy are “premium” (a.k.a. overpriced) Beverly Hills-designed (Lindsay wears it! OMFGZ!1~) boutique brands, which specialize in producing $75 t-shirts. If you’re lucky enough to have never seen one of their many lovely designs around the city, picture Ronald McDonald and the bad robot cop from Terminator 2 having a hot night of steamy drunken sex all over your Fruit of the Loom t-shirt and forgetting to clean up the evidence.

While I did not mind this fad initially (I ***** with the fads, son), one year later, I find that no matter where I turn, look, go or urinate, I see that marsupialed, drugged up Christian Audigier or Ed Hardy logo staring at me, leaving me in a state of confusion, as I ponder the meaning of the various shiny symbols surrounding it (I haven’t been this confused since I passed Finance). What’s worse is that the owner is usually a gangster or gangster-wannabe douche-bah-g (get it? Cause sheep say “bah”? I’m funny) trying to impress his ditzy girlfriend. In fact, try going to Fabric Nightclub on a Saturday night. Wear a wrinkled, bleach-stained, 3 year old out of style American Eagle shirt (hey, the nightclub is called “Fabric” ok? Any fabric goes) and I guarantee you, you’ll still be the most original and stylish man in the room.

Adding to the damage of this already turdy situation is the fact that lately I’ve spotted Au-douche-ier on not just men, but women too! Why is this significant you ask? Well folks, as guys, I realize that many of us are too scared, uninspired, stupid or fashionblind (all of which apply to yours truly) to have a sense of style. Because of this, we follow the early majority’s (Trying to get my money’s worth out of this Marketing degree) lead and get whatever Fergie says is Fergi-licoius (***** can spell). In addition many of us d00ds out there love tattoos, guns and other “manly” things (note: I prefer pandas. Pandas are ******* amazing), so brands such as Audouche-ier, which exploit our desires to make our penises seem bigger via “manliness”, are a natural choice. But LADIES, you’re supposed to be the smart, savvy, sexy and of course fashionable trend-setters I have come to know you as (or at a minimum, the hucchi-mamas rocking the six inch Manolo’s in the latest Fiddy Cent video). So, every time I see one of you in the mall walking hand-in-hand with your boyfriend, both of you wearing your matching Au-douche-ier shirts and hats, hining like two broken disco balls, a part of me dies.

So what’s my point in this month’s rant? Well, as materialistic, fashionblind and cowardly of a late-adopting consumer I am (I pee my pants when I have to talk to a Sales Associate in the mall), Christian Au-douche- ier has helped me come to an important epiphany. From now on, I, 4vow to buy clothing because I like it and think it looks good and not because all of my neighbors wear it. You may be thinking “pfft that’s easy”. But ladies and gentlemen, I challenge you to look at your shoes, your jeans, your t-shirts, your cell phones, your computers and your school textbooks and tell me honestly that none of these items were purchased because somebody explicitly or implicitly told you that you needed them. Okay, I cheated, but you get the point.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
The other day at my job I overheard two of the girls talking about how well dressed one of the guys who walked by was. He was wearing an Ed Hardy tshirt, an Ed Hardy hat and Afflication jeans. I died a little inside.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
The other day at my job I overheard two of the girls talking about how well dressed one of the guys who walked by was. He was wearing an Ed Hardy tshirt, an Ed Hardy hat and Afflication jeans. I died a little inside.

The fact of the matter is, everybody knows Ed hardy and pretty much everybody knows how much it costs. The fact that someone would pay $75-$200 for a t-shirt is the easiest way communicates to others- absent any other metrics of aesthetic discernment- that they "care about fashion".

June

Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
I think we have another 3 months at most until critical mass is reached. Remember the great Von Dutch incident a few years back? This has got to be around that point by now, right? I was at Comic-con over last weekend and there were two types of people. Those dressed as comic nerds that don't care what they look like, and the cool crowd people wearing Ed Hardy shirts. The nerds looked better. [edit, ****, beaten]
I wore my western shirts and raw denimz :\\

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB

When I lived in LA I used to hang out with someone who worked there as well. I remember when he told me that I didn't believe him. That was until they threw a party at Cabana (I think) complete with esteemed guests such as the Hogan family and the ******* camera man nearly knocked me over running around behind CA.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Almost knocked you into the pond?

DBoon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger

The other day I wanted to shoot two girls in the face. Coincidence?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads