• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How did you find the forum?

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found myself here after getting fed up with the GQ Forum's complete and total idiocy and the s-l-o-w loading times at Ask Andy's. This forum is awesome, and the amount of information it possesses is staggering: a simple use of the Search function (very fast and very easy) can attest to that.

Duveen

Reaction score
Another one from Ask Andy.

To be specific - did a Google search on a particular brand of shoe (can't remember now), AskAndy came up. Stuck with AskAndy through slow loading for a bit. Read a reference, came here.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too am GQ Forum Alum. I think someone in the GQ Forum mentioned this forum and I have been here since.

armscye

Reaction score
Started with Ask Andy.

Amazing the number of Andy "defectors"-- tells you something about the viewership he COULD have if he got his act together.

dorian

Reaction score
I wouldn't use the word "defector" - at least for myself - but Andy's forum is languishing right now. When it is back up and running, I will still be checking both forums. Yet, when it comes to posting, which I do rarely anyway, I would rather post here for simple ease of use.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Got an e-mail from J, so I hastily left the GQ Forum.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GQ forum at the very beginning... Been here ever since and at www.thefashionspot.com for my modern designer runway fix. Pete
Same thing, been here since the beginning. Pete, do you post on thefashionspot? I check it out once a week or so but never post. It's too girly, but the pics from the runway shows are great.

Mike

Reaction score
I was one of the first ones over here after the GQ Forum started going down the tubes. J posted a link over there, I liked what I saw here (actually having to register, the organization of the topics) and signed up. I've been around ever since, although I don't post super frequently. I recall only about 10-15 people here at the beginning- now there is around 950 registered. With only a handful of problem posters, I think the growth has been incredible.

TKDKid

Reaction score
I did a search for some stuff (probably shoes, memory hazy) I read about in the Ask Andy forum and both this site and Modern Man came up.

To get to Andy's, I think it was a link from some other website talking about the Ask Andy forum being a great source of information on clothes. (This was after exhausting the fashion articles on AskMen and SharpMan - I was young, I was stupid, I needed help on my dress-down Friday wardrobe...)

JFK

Reaction score
I found it after buying Steve's book (I'm not sure whether Steve mentions it in the book, or I followed a link from Steve's site to get here).

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did a couple of google searches and came up empty (I used terms like Men's Fashion) so I tried GQ and after being thoroughly turned off I was saved by a member who posts here and there. Edit: Â Mike C.: Â Although Alias made the case for animated avatars, yours is killin me...
smile.gif

Tom

Reaction score
I found ask andy on google, then came here. As much as I respect those at ask andy, I feel more in tune with the vibe here.

-Tom

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads