• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hong kong sat till wed- shirts

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
you three feel like meeting up for dim sum (early) on Sunday 30 July?

just let me know the time where and when - if you need any help booking then i am the man!!

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based in Singapore right now, but may get over to HK that weekend.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
just let me know the time where and when - if you need any help booking then i am the man!!

do you want to decide? how about 10 am on that sunday? great, this could be very cool!!

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
do you want to decide? how about 10 am on that sunday? great, this could be very cool!!

depend if you want local lacal or lacal upper class or for gwai lo kind of dim sum??

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
depend if you want local lacal or lacal upper class or for gwai lo kind of dim sum??

honestly, this will be the first time for me to have dim sum with people who know what they are doing and speak cantonese (I am assuming) but who aren't working with me. Although, food wise, I would probrably enjoy less authentic more than more authentic, in terms of the overall expereince I would suggest going as far from the gwai lo standard as possible. how about local upper class?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
take him to some grubby ass congee hut and then finish him off with street vendor ka lei yeu dan afterwards.....

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in HK a few weeks ago and went to a Dim Sum place at the Cultural Centre on the Kowloon side. Probably a touristy place but the food was good and the view of the harbour was nice.

The pork with crispy skin was fantastic.

Attachment 544

Attachment 545

Attachment 546

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suggest dim sum at the Peninsula. Perfectly satisfactory for foreigners and locals alike.

new obsession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
I suggest dim sum at the Peninsula. Perfectly satisfactory for foreigners and locals alike.

Tried this place on whopee's advice, very nice, I would recommend it. A little off the beaten path (probably not suitable for the purposes of your gathering) was a place that I believe was in Wanchai, not too far from the racetrack called, of all things, "Dim Sum."

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be sure to button all the way up when checking the fit -- I found I needed to bump up my prediced neck measurement a bit with Janzen because of the way they line the necks of their shirts (more thickly than most OTR makers), FWIW.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
honestly, this will be the first time for me to have dim sum with people who know what they are doing and speak cantonese (I am assuming) but who aren't working with me. Although, food wise, I would probrably enjoy less authentic more than more authentic, in terms of the overall expereince I would suggest going as far from the gwai lo standard as possible. how about local upper class?

then i know the perfect place thro the peninsula is a great place best for a night cap as the viwe from the bar at night is pricelsss (for everything else your corp master card - he he!) in mong kok so it will be great food fair price and out of the way for all the gwai lo eateries plus i get discount!! just PM to confirm the time and i will book a table as sunday are mega busy for dim sum!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
take him to some grubby ass congee hut and then finish him off with street vendor ka lei yeu dan afterwards.....

hey, congee is one thing that I do not eat!! could never get a taste for that.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
then i know the perfect place thro the peninsula is a great place best for a night cap as the viwe from the bar at night is pricelsss (for everything else your corp master card - he he!) in mong kok so it will be great food fair price and out of the way for all the gwai lo eateries plus i get discount!! just PM to confirm the time and i will book a table as sunday are mega busy for dim sum!

great - I will double check my schedule and get back to you

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
great - I will double check my schedule and get back to you
do so also if you want a guild then let me know in advance and i can find where places are too!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
do so also if you want a guild then let me know in advance and i can find where places are too!

thanks, but I will be tied up with work most of the week, and I have been to Hong Kong a number of times, and have a couple of friends their. but thanks anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads