hong kong sat till wed- shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by globetrotter, Jun 23, 2006.

1. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

shall have a gander later in the week and update accordingly!

2. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ascot Chang also has a NYC outlet. If your only motivation is to buy shirts, you could probably save the plane fare. Not that I've ever been especially thrilled with what they do.

3. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

Globetrotter,

Definitely go to Jantzen when you land. You will get a first shirt in 24 hours, and can order more and take them all with you when you leave. Chan and Chang are good, but they cost so much more and I don't think the quality is that much higher to justify the prices.

Unlike suits, shirts are where I get variety in my wardrobe. I also launder them all over the world when I travel, so paying a lot for a shirt is just out of the question.

Have fun in HK. Do PM me before you get in. If I am not travelling, I could take you to Jantzen and have a coffee after that.

4. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

BTW, Mandarin Oriental (the old one) will still be closed when you are there, so A-Man and David's will not be there. A-Man has a temp store in Princes Building. Don't know about David's.

5. Girardian

Girardian Senior member

Do Jantzen. Go in on Sunday, get measured for *one* shirt. Make sure they can do a 1-day turn around. Go in on Monday, check the fitting, tweek (if needed) and order your remaining shirts for Wed. pick up.

I had 8 shirts made when I was there and they accomodated my scheduile. I had more time than you but believe they should be able to do this for you.

I would phone or e-mail in advance to get a commitment to this. Plan to go when they open in the a.m.

6. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

thanks, I will do that, I will be at the tail end of a two week trip with a guy who reports to me and is a little boring, so I may be in desperate need of conversation.

Globetrotter,

Definitely go to Jantzen when you land. You will get a first shirt in 24 hours, and can order more and take them all with you when you leave. Chan and Chang are good, but they cost so much more and I don't think the quality is that much higher to justify the prices.

Unlike suits, shirts are where I get variety in my wardrobe. I also launder them all over the world when I travel, so paying a lot for a shirt is just out of the question.

Have fun in HK. Do PM me before you get in. If I am not travelling, I could take you to Jantzen and have a coffee after that.

7. globetrotter

Do Jantzen. Go in on Sunday, get measured for *one* shirt. Make sure they can do a 1-day turn around. Go in on Monday, check the fitting, tweek (if needed) and order your remaining shirts for Wed. pick up.

I had 8 shirts made when I was there and they accomodated my scheduile. I had more time than you but believe they should be able to do this for you.

I would phone or e-mail in advance to get a commitment to this. Plan to go when they open in the a.m.

thanks

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

and go to jantzen either before lunch or mid-afternoon.

9. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

For reference, David's are also in Prince's temporarily. The third floor, I believe.

10. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

thanks, I will do that, I will be at the tail end of a two week trip with a guy who reports to me and is a little boring, so I may be in desperate need of conversation.

you can also look me up if your looking for the oportsite of boring you can pm me too!!

11. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

Luk cha and Whoppee,

Looks like you guys are based in HK. Should we meet up sometime for a coffee?

12. globetrotter

Luk cha and Whoppee,

Looks like you guys are based in HK. Should we meet up sometime for a coffee?

you three feel like meeting up for dim sum (early) on Sunday 30 July?

13. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

Dim sum sounds like a plan as long as I am not travelling.

14. globetrotter

Dim sum sounds like a plan as long as I am not travelling.

cool.

15. mumbojumbo

mumbojumbo Senior member

Go in on Monday, check the fitting, tweek (if needed) and order your remaining shirts for Wed. pick up.

I would also check construction and fabric quality en detail, even if fit is the most important aspect.