• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

themanfromLisbon

Reaction score
4C5D396C-13CF-4E71-8A03-8286ED63609E.jpeg
these crocket have a beautiful patina and last, was the colour alike at first?

I don’t know if you’re talking about mine, but presuming you are, here how they look like when I bought it, but just a little bit lighter.
Btw, I think I did a good job with the shoes, think they look very good.

themanfromLisbon

Reaction score
First time wearing this jacket and I’m coming to like the shoulder roping. But god damn these short arms of mine.

Also taking the new socks out for a spin and I love em.

SC: Zegna XXX
Shirt: Kamakura
Tie: (possibly my favorite) Sevenfold
Pants: Rota
Shoes: CS

View attachment 1144377 View attachment 1144376 View attachment 1144378

The ensemble is pretty good, and the combo socks/shoes are superb. Love both colors.
One of your best, my opinion.
Cheers

Vic

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ensemble is pretty good, and the combo socks/shoes are superb. Love both colors.
One of your best, my opinion.
Cheers

Vic

Thank you as well! I was a little worried the ochre yellow might be too strong but the honey color of the pants and mid brown suede toned it down just enough.

themanfromLisbon

Reaction score
Thank you as well! I was a little worried the ochre yellow might be too strong but the honey color of the pants and mid brown suede toned it down just enough.

Never be affraid to be bold, you’re just in time, you’re young, though I think we are never old to dare to use strong colours. That’s a stupid tradition to avoid those colors. You should see the wardrobe of the late Edward VIII of England, or the one of Fred Astaire, two of best dressed men ever. Some may say that’s not a gentleman thing, but just take a look at the great stores of London or Paris, not to mention the great Italian brands.

Cheers

Vic

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one very alike. I don’t know why suddenly this kind of blazers became out for some people. I think it’s pretty good.

Cheers

Vic
I too noticed this Vic.
Until about 20 years ago everyone owned at least one blue blazer, often with metal buttons.
Maybe not in big towns, but in little ones the blue blazer was considered an elegant attire (with black shoes) by the layman, and a sort of passepartout by the (usually self pretending) more refined guys.
Then, almost suddenly, no one weared them anymore.
Pity, I think, because I always liked to have a blue jacket in my closet.
Luigi.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never be affraid to be bold, you’re just in time, you’re young, though I think we are never old to dare to use strong colours. That’s a stupid tradition to avoid those colors. You should see the wardrobe of the late Edward VIII of England, or the one of Fred Astaire, two of best dressed men ever. Some may say that’s not a gentleman thing, but just take a look at the great stores of London or Paris, not to mention the great Italian brands.

Cheers

Vic
Amen to what you say Vic!
But I think that one needs some good years after his back to fully realize some truths.
Don't ask me how I know ...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads