• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the idea of linen trousers. Not thrilled with the way they drape.
View attachment 1036745 View attachment 1036746

I have no idea the weight. They're from Epaulet and I don't remember the specs. They rumple instead of crease but I think I just need to work out the lack of crease in my mind*.

*and heart

fuller tailoring may help.

Correct, a fuller cut for the trousers will negate the rumpling.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hal Freeman

Reaction score
Been a while, I hope all of you have been well. Been so busy since returning to the US (Had to leave the country for a few months due to my ill father)

Some good stuff the past few pages! The community never ceases to amaze me! Quick snippet from work. Boy it's good to be back.

(Edit: Personally on the photo, I feel the jacket looks short but it could be the angle the photo was taken (had my cell propped on a wall facing upwards) as the jacket ends where my hands can cuff it-- then again.. I am not a tall person..)

IMG_4375.jpg

Hal

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not liking that jacket and tie together. I think a two stripe tie or two color tie could work, but three stripes and the burgundy stripe at that makes it too busy IMO.
I can see that. I felt like the jacket and trousers were fairly muted when paired together so wanted to add some color for visual interest

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a lengthy time in which either circumstances or meteorology prevented me from dressing up, finally both circumstance and weather have allowed be to suit up today. This evening, I, among a select number, are having dinner with the director of the Frick Museum, and the invitation stated "business dress". It has also cooled off enough such that I am able to don a suit without immediately becoming a sweaty mess upon exiting my home.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Hermes
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Shoes - Edward Green

IMG_8335.JPG

IMG_8331.JPG
IMG_8332.JPG
IMG_8333.JPG
IMG_8334.JPG

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a lengthy time in which either circumstances or meteorology prevented me from dressing up, finally both circumstance and weather have allowed be to suit up today. This evening, I, among a select number, are having dinner with the director of the Frick Museum, and the invitation stated "business dress". It has also cooled off enough such that I am able to don a suit without immediately becoming a sweaty mess upon exiting my home.

Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Hermes
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Shoes - Edward Green

View attachment 1036897

Looking good sir. That is ‘the business’!

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Hermes
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Shoes - Edward Green

View attachment 1036897

Haven't been active here for most of five years- glad to see you're still going strong, Upr :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads