• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mcobinad

Reaction score
@mcobinad Fantastic cloth and nice coat.

You could use more fullness in the trouser thighs (maybe even all the way down for better drape) to conceal what appears to me to be slightly knocked-knees.

Thanks Alan for the tips. On receipt of my MTM garments, I realised a disproportion between the trouser body seat made slightly generous and the cut made slimmer around my thighs causing fabric friction to the calf area.

That said, these are my first and the second, hopefully, will have a much better drape (taken into consideration more fabric fullness around the trouser thighs) as we have an already existing template to work with. Again, many thanks!

mcobinad

Reaction score
I would also add that the sleeve pitch looks a little off and they are also too long. But it is a very nice suit overall.

Fair comment, Michael! Again, to accommodate my big arms, my tailor had to make that area bigger but should have narrowed it around my slimmer forearm to create a clean line. I believe this is what is causing the excess fabric around this area. Could this be the reason the sleeve pitch is off?

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not qualified to make that judgment, sadly. All I know is that it's off; I can't say why.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The end of what feels like a very long week.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
Pocket square - New & Lingwood
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - New & Lingwood
Hat - Christys, via Fortnum & Mason

IMG_7662.JPG

IMG_7657.JPG
IMG_7658.JPG
IMG_7659.JPG
IMG_7660.JPG
IMG_7661.JPG

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not qualified to make that judgment, sadly. All I know is that it's off; I can't say why.

@Michael81 @mcobinad

The sleeve pitch doesn’t look off to my eyes. I wouldn’t rotate it.

The sleeves are a tad too long and if shortened a bit and ironed, should take care of the slight wrinkling in the inside upper arm.

Also from my experience with new bespoke (or MTM suits), if you specify a high armhole, the armhole can be initially a bit tight causing the upper arm to wrinkle a bit. After a few wears and the fabric eases, the wrinkles come off and sleeves hang better.

Alan Bee

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Such an awkward looking photo but I’ll run with it.

7E3E5610-2008-4873-810D-68F3B8027983.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you look so awkward. o_O

What the hell do your good days look like then? :cloud:

It was a horrible day, and I had to rush as people were looking! “Look, there’s some guy dressed up on the beach taking photos of himself”

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As you are in IT, and folks in that area tend to dress extremely casually, are you the only one in a suit/formal dress in your department?
I'm not Crusty, but I've interviewed many bank developers who often complain about having to wear suit and tie at work. This is at least true in London.

mcobinad

Reaction score
@mcobinad out of curiosity, what was the rationale behind a three piece DB? Are you often sans jacket?

Since I decided on custom tailoring and for a little extra, I embraced three-piece in its entirety. Besides, I believe a three-piece ensemble has more soul and character for a business setting.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldBruce