• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dennis Walter

Reaction score
#62. After my last effort (which has garnered 62 thumbs to date), anything I post from now is bound to look like I'm phoning it in.

NY Hat Co - Ray-Ban - SuSu - Maker's Shirt - HN White - Henry Carter - Albert Thurston - Grand Seiko - Canali - TF Absolute Amber/Arabian Wood

Wonderful look, @Coxsackie

Very Beautiful Fits gentlemen:

Andy,Gerry, Cox, Dennis, Michael in no specific order.

Cheers, @pravda .

LL

Spier & Mackay
Panta
Kent Wang
Meermin

@Claghorn , hmm...all four items on their own are lovey, however i don´t feel the combination. In my book, the tie could have been more darker to better set off the coat. Others might surely disagree and i nitpicking, but that´s just how this forum works, right? :)

Today, strolling in a solaro DB...

While it might seem that the coat is a bit too snug, IRL it isn´t. It´s just how the fabric doesn´t drape as grafecully as my woolen suits...it doesn´t bother me too much, anyhow.

Luger

Reaction score
Yesterday (this isn't a tweed)

Today (the pattern of the jacket is blue-grey but doesn't appear in the photo) and there is some brown in the PS to match with the tie. Hope you can see the herringbone in the tie.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mathematical, or philosophical?

With Clags, there's a difference?

It's still quite warm in NYC, though alleged to be low humidity, but I've skipped wearing a tie in any case.

Jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt & trousers - BB
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Tyrwhitt

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Clags, there's a difference?

It's still quite warm in NYC, though alleged to be low humidity, but I've skipped wearing a tie in any case.

Jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt & trousers - BB
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Tyrwhitt

Great combination for an after-work Gin & Tonic on a rooftop bar!

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In April I took a trip to Japan, and while in Osaka I did an MTM BlazerSuit[sup]TM[/sup] in navy fresco with a shop called Kubo Classic Style. I'll probably write more about the experience and my trip at some point.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

martin greenfield indigo dyed crunchy linen
borrelli
marinella

zr3rs

Reaction score
In April I took a trip to Japan, and while in Osaka I did an MTM BlazerSuitTM in navy fresco with a shop called Kubo Classic Style. I'll probably write more about the experience and my trip at some point.

I like the suit a lot, but I wonder whether your figure would benefit from a somewhat built-up shoulder, like that:

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the suit a lot, but I wonder whether your figure would benefit from a somewhat built-up shoulder, like that:
Yep, I'm with you. As soft shoulders go, these lay the cleanest of any jacket I own, but at some point I definitely intend to try a maker with a house style that's more built up. Might join some of the San Francisco contingent for a go at Steed when they come back in October. Thanks for the feedback and the image!

Last edited:

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
martin greenfield indigo dyed crunchy linen
borrelli
marinella
Martin Greenfield gets no love on SF, but they do great work if you like a classic american style. For those that live in the NYC area, once or twice a year they do a deal on gilt where it is ~$1400 for a "MTM" suit in a solid range of fabrics (you can upgrade if you want something with a high #). I use MTM in quotes because they call it that, but there was a basted fitting, maybe not quite a full bespoke, but more than a typical MTM process.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Isaia jacket
Frank Stella linen shirt
Drakes cotton pocket square
J. Crew Bowery pant
Vintage Footjoy lizard skin tassels

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads