• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Andy, very kind of you to say so.

Off to Carlisle tomorrow, very excited, and very different rig. No need for the city look methinks
biggrin.gif

You're welcome. Say hi to Edwin for me!

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the Friday challenge. I decided to fetch out this vintage linen double-breasted jacket. I wear it very rarely these days and it does have a distinctly '80s look, I think, especially in the lapels. Anyway, here it is.

Jacket: Macy's (purchased around 1985)
Shirt: Proper Cloth
Scarf: E. Marinella
Square: Drake's
Trousers: Baroni
Shoes: Edward Green

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the Friday challenge. I decided to fetch out this vintage linen double-breasted jacket. I wear it very rarely these days and it does have a distinctly '80s look, I think, especially in the lapels. Anyway, here it is.

The 80's feel comes more from the 4 x 1 button configuration and relatively low button placement than from the lapels, per se, but the look suits you, in a very retro sort of way.

AlexRamius

Reaction score
The 80's feel comes more from the 4 x 1 button configuration and relatively low button placement than from the lapels, per se, but the look suits you, in a very retro sort of way.
+ some kind of drape cut with broad shoulder's and excess of fabric on the chest, so probably second half of the 80's.
But all of these are OK. It's not like the late 80's notch lapel... Yuk!

aglose

Reaction score

I read somewhere that STB's were the new dub monks. Trying to get ahead of the curve. ;)
That picture freaks me out a bit. Looks like your head has been lopped off.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Able to pull the flannel back out for this cool rainy day.

Suit: BB 1818
Tie: Drakes
Shirt: Ledbury

Butler

Reaction score
Great look. Love the fit of the jacket. What color are the socks? Look kind of out of place with all the neutrals.

Thank you. The jacket is a favourite of mine. 

The socks are royalblue/lightblue herringbone which probably looks fairly solid from a few meters away. I wanted to have a darker shoe and thus went for slighty dark socks. The light blue part of the socks are similar to the shirt. A lighter shoe/soc combo might have looked better but I wanted to ground the outfit with a dark shoe.

The socks colour should match the trouser's - whatever the colour of the shoes!:bigstar:

AlexRamius

Reaction score
That's a shame, the solaro can't really be seen on the pictures...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics