• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

calypso

Reaction score
That's crazy! You find a park in the middle of your home town and there is actually a statue dressed exactly like you!!! :D

...oh yes, and I am combining some patterns too :D

What do you think? Too much or just right ?!?
decisions.gif
Looks great!

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good afternoon everyone, had a few days off but back to work today. This is a new jacket, I love the fabric but I am concerned my tailor let the waist out a bit too much, it was slightly flaring in the back, which is now not the case, but I am concerned it is a tad too much in the other direction. Thoughts? Tried to get the best angles I could but only so much I can do with my phones timer and placing.

Jacket-BB
Shirt-Polo
Pants-Howard Yount
Tie-Kent Wang
AE strands in dark brown.

Fit

Lovely tie to match with this jacket.
There is plenty of waist suppression. The silhouette looks good. You look comfortable and natural.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time posting in this thread

Jacket: Canali Kei
Shirt: Mazzarelli
Tie: Massimo Bizzocchi
Square: Vanda
Pants: Borrelli
Shoes: EG Dovers
Trench: Brooks Brothers

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score

Another day, another green jacket.  I have four green jackets.  Maybe I'll wear them all this week. 

This is admirably ambitious. I like the tie-shirt-vest-hank-trouser-shoe ensemble. All work well together. The jacket -tie pairing looks a bit off to me. I think it'd work if the jacket were corduroy in the tie's blue and the tie wool in the jacket's forest green. But something seems amiss with the current pairing. Might be because we expect pairings of blue with sheen-y green to have the blue as ground and the green as accent. But you've reversed that. Or maybe it's that a blue wool tie has too much of a suburban, Italian-casual-city vibe to go with what's very much a country ensemble.The safe tie color with that ensemble would be chocolate brown.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#35.

Brunello Cucinelli - Giampaolo - Robert Fraser - Henry Carter - Pantherella - G&G

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full body shot will have to wait until my photographic assistant arrives back from her three-month sabbatical in Hunan province.

Dennis Walter

Reaction score
T
hat's crazy! You find a park in the middle of your home town and there is actually a statue dressed exactly like you!!! :D

...oh yes, and I am combining some patterns too :D

What do you think? Too much or just right ?!?
decisions.gif

@Tom Miler , i do love the country vibe, but i don´t think the tie matches the rest. It´s blending in nicely from a pattern perspective, but the colors are just not matching the other hues here. Also, the vest seems to be a bit too formal for the heavier texture of the coat. I am not a big fan of small checked shirts and neither too fond of bd with ties (but that´s probably a matter of taste).

Shoes/pants combo is spot on, as is the hat. Props to your photographer, too! :-D

#35.

Brunello Cucinelli - Giampaolo - Robert Fraser - Henry Carter - Pantherella - G&G

@Coxsackie , at first sight i thought this tie would not match the outfit - on a second glance it is pretty nice. It´s a shantung, telling by the looks of it and plays nicely along the linen/silk/wool mix (?) of that suit...

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GDC daily glasses
Eagle oxford shirt
Hanes undertee
Goro's belt
Polo pants
Alden 9901C

Not a big fan of the belt buckle, but I like the overall look. Reminds me of Bowie circa 1975 - Thin White Duke era.

However, the overall vibe is more CM Casual or maybe even verging on SW&D. You could try posting there too.

Forper

Reaction score
My main style influence when I go to work is young William Gibson. I have been called Bowie before but that was 20 years ago. I hate David Bowie.

Quarks

Reaction score
Amateur selfie..

e065b4f6_image.jpeg

1a3a0e8b_image.jpeg

TF Navy checkered suit - Windsor
TF pocket square
Massimo Dutti Poplin
TF Tie
TF Oxfords

Was supposed to let go of this suit - Fiancé says NO!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads