• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gerry Nelson is a sartorial gansta and I am but a scared newb still trying to muster the courage to post an actual fit. I bow to you and the other beautifully dressed adepts in this thread. Still, this thing about not showing at least some cuff, especially on a suit, is kind of crazy to me.how can you leave the tailor without demanding the jacket sleeves be shortened. I suppose we all have certain sartorial quirks and this is mine. I can't even take a fit seriously, of a full suit, with no cuff showing. ( I know sometimes things look differently in real life but then why not take another picture?) Again, Gerry is a baller but I am just trying to figure this out. I have brought this up before and I know Clags and Helden have both eloquently stated that it isn't important to them so I promise I won't bring it up again but I just had to post about it one more time. Also, there was some Dewars involved so please forgive...

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gerry Nelson is a sartorial gansta and I am but a scared newb still trying to muster the courage to post an actual fit. I bow to you and the other beautifully dressed adepts in this thread. Still, this thing about not showing at least some cuff, especially on a suit, is kind of crazy to me.how can you leave the tailor without demanding the jacket sleeves be shortened.
I suppose we all have certain sartorial quirks and this is mine. I can't even take a fit seriously, of a full suit, with no cuff showing. ( I know sometimes things look differently in real life but then why not take another picture?)
Again, Gerry is a baller but I am just trying to figure this out. I have brought this up before and I know Clags and Helden have both eloquently stated that it isn't important to them so I promise I won't bring it up again but I just had to post about it one more time.

Also, there was some Dewars involved so please forgive...

I agree with what you're saying. This was an OTR suit (Boglioli) with working buttonholes so the only way to get the sleeves shortened would be to take them in at the shoulders which is not a small job. I will at some point though.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Caustic Man I'm just a fellow Senior Member. I liked my outfit this day and thought I would share. I believe Betel wears somewhere in the neighborhood of a 44. I'm a 38R, so I would say we wear it a bit differently (lapel proportion in particular).
Jacket looks a little boxy, especially if you're actually a 38r. Maybe try the 38l next time? Or have this tapered.
Another one for the olive tie.
+1.
challenge x-post best t
Nice suit, is that a Susu havana? Buttoning point seems a little high.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is the last day this week that I'll be suited up, as I travel tomorrow evening for parts northeasterly from New York, across "the pond" as they do say, and I'll be on vacation for two weeks. That being said, I'm having lunch today with a lawyer at the World Financial Center, so I've dressed to look as if I belong in that venue - at the very least, not too scruffy.

Suit - JAB Signature Platinum
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - BB
Braces - J Press
Cufflinks - Tiffany
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not right now, but yesterday. I like to rebel like that.

Baller, but speaking as a person who owns a stubbie of Sydney Paneristi beer and has met Hammer, I'm telling you now that that watch does not go with that fit.

Have you ever been to a Sydney Tarts meat?

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Noice. Collar is a bit too cutaway for a sports jacket fit imo, but fit is elegant all the same.

I haven't been around here as long as most of you, is this really a rule? I wear spreads/cutaways with sport coats all the time and think it looks fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads