• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Pliny Great suit but seems you need a little more structure in the shoulder

I like a soft shoulder. It's hereditary- I have a pic of my GGrandfather in 1870 wearing a suit with the same soft sloping shoulder.
satisfied.gif
(Apart from the very high buttoning point and low gorge it's not that different from the one I'm wearing in my pic)

Last edited:

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is a big secret, so dont tell anyone. When you are taking a pic of your own pants from the angle I am taking it, you can manipulate the break to be exactly how you want it to look based on the angle of the camera and how you position your legs and bend your knees.

That being said, the break on those pants is excellent, but yes, when I walk, you see sock. That is nature of a perfect break. Its only perfect standing completely still with your pants on one spot of your waist. Then if you go longer, the pants look sloppy when standing. Proper break is a real *****.

Also, one of the main advantages of boots is that is does allow for wearing slightly shorter trousers without looking like you have the high water looking going on.

Thanks,
I'm slightly glad that there is no mystery to it. Slightly peeved that there is no answer to it.

Now i've seen those crazy suspenders you "mericans" have for keeping shirts tucked in, maybe we can get some that fasten to the trouser hem to keep the break perfect.
00a9.png
oneflewover

Well, and Stichy will hate me for pointing this out, but in all honesty that is exactly what ordinary braces do - keep your trousers in the same spot all day. I nowadays go crazy the few times I wear trousers with a belt as the trousers keep shifting all over the place during the course of a day, absolutely hate it. That never happens with braces, just sayin'....

Layered Player

Reaction score
Some people find that a "military hem" on the trousers helps things a bit.

It's been my standard for awhile now.

Cheers,

Ac
Mine as well since my AF time.

Our TI in Basic was the one who tipped me to it as it was just one option and not the "go to" for the base tailors.

They were churning through about 10-15 classes of about 50 recruits (2-5 pr trousers ea.) every 6-8 weeks so they did what was easiest and quickest, a straight hem unless otherwise requested.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirt is pale blue.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is the hottest day of the week, so I decide to wear a linen trousers and an old cotton sports coat.
DC love that, give me one proviso though? As I said previously please, generally, taper the pents? You'll not look back, honest! :nodding:

Last edited:

notjustties

Reaction score

My entry for the German styleforum 4 pattern challenge.

Burberry
Luxire
Vintage tie
Ralph Lauren Black Label
Berg & Berg
Prime Shoes

The Luxire shirt is the fourth and last shirt of my recent order. It’s my favorite of all the shirts yet. The rather strong oxford fabric of the shirt just gives the perfect collar roll.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That´s a linen trousers, which I use for high temperatures and so it´s usefull when there is enough air between the legs and the trousers. So I see no need to taper this trousers.

DC, I said 'generally' please consider tapering your pants. We have talked about this before, you will recall.

I appreciate you were wearing linen there, though I respectfully suggest you consider tapering the majority of your pants. The difference will work :nodding:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark-ish tone...

*Trousers are charcoal

The whole outfit is TF.

I'm not a big fan of that tie, but that would've been a nice outfit if you were wearing the matching pants. Wearing an orphaned suit jacket rarely looks good, especially not with odd charcoal pants. Odd charcoal trousers are never a good idea anyways.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads