• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DougDevious

Reaction score
This is miles better than the last outfit I saw you post. The color is good and light blue shirts go with almost anything save a similar shade suit. This is a good look and I am tempted to try a double breasted just by seeing how you look in it.

With your perceived style I am not surprised you clashed with those crowds at 4chan. They are after all about a specific style.
I wouldn't chalk it up to a difference in style, and clash is an understatement. These guys genuinely loathe me, writing paragraphs about how much they hate me, telling me to kill myself, facetiously impersonating me with chatgpt, advocating for my doxxing, but that's just the kind of place it is I guess. they might not actually mean any of it and just want to make everyone miserable, as trolls tend to do, but either way they're all mental cases and I'm just grateful they know where they belong, because it's certainly not here.

main-qimg-d15218d86a6416ce3315346ff2151e65.png

Last edited:

Sockett&Bones

Reaction score
Hey Roy! Good to see some familiar faces coming back here after so long.
(I just got banned from 4chan's fashion board for the crime of sticking up for myself and standing up to the anti-social assholes in the trad ivy and prep general, causing me to wonder why I don't use this site more instead of slumming it up with those psychos)
View attachment 2032505

View attachment 2032507 View attachment 2032509
I recently bought this suit from eBay for about 40 dollars, which as it would happen fit pretty much everywhere, save for being quite boxy, and wide on the shoulders.
It's pretty stellar quality although the color is a bit odd and probably not too easy to combine. It barely goes with this blue shirt.
I took it to the tailor just this week, so it's not really "what I'm wearing right now" but its the most recent outfit I've put to camera. I also took a dark green tweed sport coat and purple suit to the tailor, so hopefully those will be the start of a much more coherent and functional wardrobe (yes, even with a purple suit as one of the main pieces. you could say it's my "going out" suit, and I've already got plenty of shirts that go with it).
Also, Tom Wolfe is cool.

Hey Roy! Good to see some familiar faces coming back here after so long.
(I just got banned from 4chan's fashion board for the crime of sticking up for myself and standing up to the anti-social assholes in the trad ivy and prep general, causing me to wonder why I don't use this site more instead of slumming it up with those psychos)
View attachment 2032505

View attachment 2032507 View attachment 2032509
I recently bought this suit from eBay for about 40 dollars, which as it would happen fit pretty much everywhere, save for being quite boxy, and wide on the shoulders.
It's pretty stellar quality although the color is a bit odd and probably not too easy to combine. It barely goes with this blue shirt.
I took it to the tailor just this week, so it's not really "what I'm wearing right now" but its the most recent outfit I've put to camera. I also took a dark green tweed sport coat and purple suit to the tailor, so hopefully those will be the start of a much more coherent and functional wardrobe (yes, even with a purple suit as one of the main pieces. you could say it's my "going out" suit, and I've already got plenty of shirts that go with it).
Also, Tom Wolfe is cool.

Hey, much better outfit than your last post many moons ago! The shoulders appear extended but good IMO; there is a whole thread on extended shoulders on coats and why they're awesome.

Welcome back to SF

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have worn navy trousers. You mixed warm and cool colors here. Not my style.
I know you are talking colors/temperature, but many of us are transitioning seasons here so imo it is perfectly fine to also have some overlap like this if it works. Albeit it isn’t as easy to pull it off in some circumstances.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have worn navy trousers. You mixed warm and cool colors here. Not my style.
I think it looks OK here as the tie pulls in the colour of the strides but you still make a valid point.
I have a similar coloured grey - blue gingham checked jacket and wear it with dusty navy strides and navy suede loafers. I have it in my carry-on right now so I’ll be wearing it tomorrow!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads