• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hola!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful - who makes/sells this coat hanger?
Butler Luxury. Highly recommend. Lovely stuff.
Shape looks like an Arterton, the Nakata hanger. They’re a forum affiliate
Lovely stuff, but more than I'm willing to shell out, and narrower than ideal, for me.
You only bought one?
You know that unless you rotate its use all your other jackets are gonna get jelly over that!
Funny thing is, I actually prefer the aesthetic of their standard, dark brown shade. The rosewood is a bit too aggressive (and pricy!) to justify a closet full of them, but a sexy little office addition, no doubt.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, speaking of hangers, does anybody have decent recommendations for curved shirt hangers like the below?

I do have a number from Wooden Hangers USA, but, frankly, they are a bit dumpy...so would love to find a better option, though, ideally one under $25/hanger.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is overcast, but the threat of showers has passed, and the temperatures are returning to more seasonal levels after a couple of days of very warm, humid weather. It's Friday, and in scanning my suit closet for something to wear that hasn't seen the light of day in a while, I selected this suit. I had originally matched it with a green ancient madder paisley tie, but, in selecting the other accessories, it became apparent that I needed a red tie, not a green one. Live and learn.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Drake's, via the Armoury, NYC
Cufflinks - The London Badge and Button Co.
Braces - Albert Thurston
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Santoni
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Johnston's of Elgin
Cap - Paul Stuart

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG
IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0636.JPG
IMG_0637.JPG

Chadclass

Reaction score
6B76BA2B-1B5A-49D4-8098-522667AE70FF.jpeg

It’s a camel houndstooth wool/cashmere blend. I thought this would be a nice way to end a week at the office before heading on vacation. Tell me what you think of this piece so far!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, speaking of hangers, does anybody have decent recommendations for curved shirt hangers like the below?

I do have a number from Wooden Hangers USA, but, frankly, they are a bit dumpy...so would love to find a better option, though, ideally one under $25/hanger.
Can’t help you there squire. My hanger snobbery ends at those for suits and jackets. Shirts are on heavy plastic hangers from the Container Store. As I see it, unlike suit jackets, shirts are more or less ‘two dimensional’ so having them on shaped hangers would be too expensive in terms of acquiring them AND the extra precious width they would take on my already crowded hanger bar.

Grabatologist

Reaction score

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Grabatologist

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Today for your consideration: a double breasted SuSu blazer in cotton. I am happy to report I lost a few pounds recently, and found that the jacket fit me much better than before. The Pal Zileri silk tie is one of my favourites; I stumbled across it in a small second-hand shop in Germany I visited when I was coincidentally in the area. I wear it often and it pairs especially well with the coat in my opinion.
Feedback welcome, positive or otherwise. :bigstar:

PS: Please excuse the bathroom pics, it was the only place in the house with decent neutral lighting in the evening hours.
Styleforum 8-1-2023 1.jpg

Styleforum 8-1-2023 2.jpg

Styleforum 8-1-2023 3.jpg

Father Style

Reaction score
This weekend my wife and I attended an ice bar event at a local inn followed by dinner in their dining room. The event showcased local distilleries. Finished the evening stuffed with whiskey and crispy duck. Attire had to cut the mustard for the dining room but also be practical enough in 20 degree F weather to avoid a To Build A Fire scenario. Started the night with fur-lined boots and a sweater layered underneath the sport coat. Both were easy to either swap out or remove completely before dinner. Hard to see in the pics but the sweater is green, tie is navy, pants are burgundy cords. Please excuse the funky lighting.
77024213-C338-4391-8DD1-F51E6C16F3B1.jpeg
7EEE5941-B45B-4222-AFCE-ECD62F001F42.jpeg
983AC45F-F576-4CFF-A321-E4D7C98106CA.jpeg
B34486F3-E0D7-4688-89A2-86EB4464A45D.jpeg

fatherstyle.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads