• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

psb

Reaction score
The ideal saturday starts with sunny weather, a cup of coffee, the newspaper and a relaxed walk through the local market. Have a nice weekend all together.

#1.JPG
#2.JPG
#3.JPG
#4.JPG
#5.JPG
#6.JPG
#7.jpg
#8_.JPG

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out Treasure Hunting In Green Suede Loafers...

thumbnail_20210821_193456.jpg

thumbnail_20210821_193540.jpg

thumbnail_20210821_205953.jpg

Every/Thing I Found Today, Was Green!
thumbnail_20210821_211758.jpg

My Wife Said, Zara Ran Out Of One Color And Sewed These Together!
thumbnail_20210821_211821.jpg

Zara Rain (4 Pockets) Coat, It's Green And It's Pretty Slick!
thumbnail_20210821_193720.jpg

Never Over-Look The Zara!

Last edited:

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Sorry for the poor editing. I detest my phone camera.

That's a fine suit - great pattern and color for summer. I, too, loathe the camera on my phone. It's unusable for selfies.

Your shirt here looks great with the suit and you've chosen a collar that stays just clear of your lapels. What are your thoughts on your shirt collar points extending underneath your lapels? A simple matter of preference I would assume?

I always prefer it and it's annoying that some of my shirts (even the expensive ones.....) have collars that do not go the distance.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a fine suit - great pattern and color for summer. I, too, loathe the camera on my phone. It's unusable for selfies.

Your shirt here looks great with the suit and you've chosen a collar that stays just clear of your lapels. What are your thoughts on your shirt collar points extending underneath your lapels? A simple matter of preference I would assume?

I always prefer it and it's annoying that some of my shirts (even the expensive ones.....) have collars that do not go the distance.
I only recently ordered a few shirts where the points of the collar extend under the lapel. It is a look I have come to prefer.
I empathize with you as I have many (most) very nice dress shirts where the collar comes up just short of the lapel as is the case
in the photo to which you have referenced.
Thank you for the compliments.

kyleAW

Reaction score
So posting this I realise how much I hate photographs of myself haha
Had a wedding reception this weekend so went with this.
I know my jacket is wayyy to big (Iv lost 3-4 stone over lockdown and haven’t finished so not bought any new jackets etc)
But overall happy enough, very new into the world of classic style so still getting my bearings
Thanks guys
B48FB257-4945-4834-A42E-7040BB26BD31.jpeg

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So posting this I realise how much I hate photographs of myself haha
Had a wedding reception this weekend so went with this.
I know my jacket is wayyy to big (Iv lost 3-4 stone over lockdown and haven’t finished so not bought any new jackets etc)
But overall happy enough, very new into the world of classic style so still getting my bearings
Thanks guys
View attachment 1656722
This Is Pretty Good, Can't Wait To See The Bearing! :bigstar: ...

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last week

lo-res.jpg

Cashmere sport coat: Cesare Attolini via Pete & Harry
MTM shirt: Made with Hart
Bespoke tie: E. Marinella
Bespoke trousers: Pommella Napoli

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads