• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PalShibumi-01.jpg
PalShibumi-02.jpg
PalShibumi-04.jpg

Suit: Pál Zileri
Shirt: Barba
Tie: Shibumi
PS: Stenströms
Shoes: Lobb

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Belatedly, yesterday's outfit: Autumn green.

Threads cited:

Items purchased new: Grady Ervin shirt, Berle trousers from M. Dumas in Charleston, Bryford socks, Cordial Churchman braces.

Items purchased pre-owned from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Grady Ervin tie in a double four-in-hand, Aldens, flannel jacket.

Antique linen pocket square from a friend.

Fedora: Goorin Brothers in Charleston

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #BlackLivesMatter

20200922_160605.jpg 20200922_120907.jpg

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Today's outfit: Thrifted flannel jacket combination number 3.

Threads cited:

Items purchased new: Brooks Brothers shirt, Robert Talbott pocket silk, Crockett & Jones monkstraps, Tommy Bahama socks.

Items purchased pre-owned from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Paul Stuart tie, Robert Talbott chinos, flannel jacket.

Fedora: Goorin Brothers in Charleston

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #BlackLivesMatter

20200923_094518.jpg 20200923_094558.jpg

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you get your suits? Everything and even the back is so clean!

@EddieK
Eddie, I design them myself and have them made by my tailor in Napoli. I occasionally use another tailor closer home (in Dubai).

@Betelgeuse @An Acute Style @JJ Katz

apologies for not responding to your questions/comments. The old man is back in grad school (doctoral) so I merely come in here for sniper shots. But comments appreciated.

I’m still Fam here. I haven’t disappeared ?

Alan Bee

EddieK

Reaction score
@EddieK
Eddie, I design them myself and have them made by my tailor in Napoli. I occasionally use another tailor closer home (in Dubai).

@Betelgeuse @An Acute Style @JJ Katz

apologies for not responding to your questions/comments. The old man is back in grad school (doctoral) so I merely come in here for sniper shots. But comments appreciated.

I’m still Fam here. I haven’t disappeared ?

Alan Bee
I've been thinking of staying in Dubai for a while after this pandemic ends. How much do suits there usually cost?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC continues to be sunny and seasonal, with low humidity, making suit-wearing a plausible activity, The weather is getting warmer, though, so I have taken the opportunity to wear something summery, in a color combo that makes me happy (or makes me a patriot in Sweden - whichever . . .)

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Trywhitt
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Budd, London
Braces - Fine & Dandy, NYC
Pocket square - allegedly Daniel Cremieux - obtained via Taobao, China.
Shoes - Crockett & Jones Maltons
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_4473.JPG

IMG_4467 (2).JPG
IMG_4468.JPG
IMG_4469.JPG
IMG_4471.JPG
IMG_4472.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads