• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Desculpame, amigos
Trying to figure out this board. Are we always in reply mode on these threads? where's the spoiler feature?

I'm gonna post a couple bonus as a sort of introduction, but from this point forward all my pics will be current. Your patience is appreciated. View attachment 1357875 View attachment 1357876 View attachment 1357877 View attachment 1357878 View attachment 1357879

Hello and welcome! Now's a good time for us to experiment with outfits, I suppose.

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Today's outfit: Like a Boccaccio character.

I suspect this summer-weight waistcoat is too close in tone to the trousers, but I figured I'd take advantage of the limited indoor audience (Sappho and my husband) to attempt a different combination. An attempt, too, at civilized standards in an age of darkness.

Threads cited:

Shirt: Proper Cloth

Trousers: Grady Ervin in Charleston.

Socks of mysterious provenance.

Braces: Cordial Churchman.

Items from eBay, consignment, & thrift: Belgian slippers & waistcoat from Worn in Charleston; Seaward & Stearn tie from eBay.

Naval quartermaster's pocket watch from my grandfather.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker. .

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom

IMG_20200319_144254_511.jpg IMG_20200319_144254_510.jpg

megadork2000

Reaction score
Today's outfit: Like a Boccaccio character.

I suspect this summer-weight waistcoat is too close in tone to the trousers, but I figured I'd take advantage of the limited indoor audience (Sappho and my husband) to attempt a different combination. An attempt, too, at civilized standards in an age of darkness.

Threads cited:

Shirt: Proper Cloth

Trousers: Grady Ervin in Charleston.

Socks of mysterious provenance.

Braces: Cordial Churchman.

Items from eBay, consignment, & thrift: Belgian slippers & waistcoat from Worn in Charleston; Seaward & Stearn tie from eBay.

Naval quartermaster's pocket watch from my grandfather.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker. .

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom

View attachment 1357922 View attachment 1357921
Excellent! Cool vest, love your show

loarbmhs

Reaction score
Almost done with January. I thought with my current pace I'll never catch up with posting, but at the very least that's one thing that social distancing makes easier :)
View attachment 1357583
View attachment 1357582
View attachment 1357584
* Suitsupply
* Osovski shirt
* tie from Embassy of Elegance
* ps from Miler Menswear
* Benevento trousers
* Vass
Nice jacket and shirt fits you perfectly. Not sure about the pants...the mini houndstooth check makes them look like they were orphaned from a suit jacket.

megadork2000

Reaction score

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
love the tie and pants combo
Tie and pants treated as a combo?
If you say so.

(Oh, now see you joined SF like two hours ago. Welcome. Won't hold the quote against you. Maybe.)

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
Not sure about the pants...the mini houndstooth check makes them look like they were orphaned from a suit jacket.

No it doesn't. They look like mini h'tooth pants. That's it. You're always picking at little stuff like that, and often wrong. Wasamatta with you? Let's get some pics of you up here. And we'll all have a go.

megadork2000

Reaction score
The rains which have fallen on NYC have finally appeared to have stopped, and my husband and I have an early dinner reservation at a fairly high end midtown Manhattan restaurant, so I've taken that as a sign that I should dress like an adult, at least for a few hours.

I am getting another wearing out of today's suit, which I wore on my latest trip to London, and have dug out of the archives a eyelet collar shirt with which to pair with the suit. I've also dug out today's silk scarf, which I would say was vintage, save for the fact that I was a witness to its purchase, when new, in 1986.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Braces - Lewin
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Pocket square - Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Turnbull & Asser
Cap - Saks Fifth Avenue

View attachment 1333029

love the shoes. love your show

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads