• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Reaction score
General question for the people. I don't own many pairs of suspenders, but I find them uncomfortable. They do a good job of keeping my pants in the right spot, but cause pain in my shoulders. Is this common, based on the style/brand of suspender or is it just me?
I think it may just be an issue of getting used to them. I've been wearing suspenders for a couple of years now and it still feels a little weird, but I can never get trousers to stay up properly any other way so on balance I prefer them. Or maybe you're just keeping them adjusted too snugly?

RishaStyle

Reaction score
Your co-workers have good taste. Who's your tailor? A lot of others could learn from him/her!
The tailor is not recognized on a global scale. He is fairly known in the local scene. Based on my limited observation and experience, i would say he appears to have a fairly good understanding of construction and fit. Having said that, i would like to point out that i have worked my socks off with the tailor over the years to perfect the cut, buttoning point, structures, etc.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
812F717D-A5C6-4123-84D7-863F013F7B2A.jpeg
43CE960B-F893-4802-991E-9E4188C87DE3.jpeg
5122B942-E997-4E05-AA77-B5D40E85A287.jpeg
E38BA58D-9553-4A61-BFEC-7E8A2D680333.jpeg

Jacket: Corneliani
Shirt: Drake’s
Tie: Vanda
PS: Boivin
Pants: Borrelli
Shoes: Alden
Scarf: Cos

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.