• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the start of the new year.

P1030031.JPG
P1030044.JPG
P1030036.JPG
P1030017.JPG
P1030004.JPG

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill be out there for Mardi Gras this year visiting my wife who lives out there. She lives in mid town where are you located?

You mean mid-city? Just kidding, but New Orleans folk are very territorial about their neighborhoods.

I actually live in Baton Rouge, LA, but my family lives uptown, next to Audubon Park.

If you have the chance, you should really try to go to one of the balls. Endymion is a lot of fun, and tickets are readily available.

Lensmaster

Reaction score
You look incredible. Where were you going?

There was a New Years Eve party at a local ballroom. There were older guys in suits and kids in jeans. I was definitely the most dressed up, but it was NYE and a legitimate reason for white tie. By the way, I didn't mention in my original post, the tailcoat and pants are a British tailored outfit from the 1940s I found on Ebay. The shirt is a vintage formal shirt that closes in the back and I found a new stiff collar from a British source.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean mid-city? Just kidding, but New Orleans folk are very territorial about their neighborhoods.

I actually live in Baton Rouge, LA, but my family lives uptown, next to Audubon Park.

If you have the chance, you should really try to go to one of the balls. Endymion is a lot of fun, and tickets are readily available.

Haha yes mid city that’s what I meant haha. I couldn’t tell you exactly where she lives but it’s behind a cemetery and across a huge park where they do major events. I’m drawing a blank on the name.

Speaking of balls, we actually are in the process of getting tickets. She did mention attire is black tux only so I need to scoop one up now lol

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BorrelliKiton-01.jpg
BorrelliKiton-03.jpg
BorrelliKiton-05.jpg
BorrelliKiton-04.jpg

Cashmere Season

Jacket: Attolini
Shirt: Charvet
Tie: Borrelli
PS: Poszetka
Pants: Berg & Berg
Shoes: Alden

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
209321F3-73B5-47EA-A7E4-8173C3049A80.jpeg
2C7B911B-0CC1-42EE-8258-E2688F68E54A.jpeg
F4F3758B-B129-4CA0-9D93-DDED25F87160.jpeg

•Ralph Lauren “Polo Golf” doeskin blazer
•Lands End flannel pants
•Brooks OCBD
•vintage Ferrell Reed tie
•Brooks/Alden shell loafers
•Kent Wang PS

Unseen:
•Allen Edmonds Manistee belt
•Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@sebastian mcfox, not only is that rig exemplary, it reminds me that I really need some Del Toros.

@EFV, great fit, and protagonist level visual interest on the facial expression.

@MrVenneri, awesome ensemble, and everything about those trousers is outstanding.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With some stairs and doors.

P1100763 2.jpg

Brooks Brothers Brookstweed jacket, L L Bean blue OCBD shirt and cord trousers, Lands' End tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

A Piece Of A Person (with three pieces of chicken and a bowl of rice) Picture.

P1100772 2.jpg

Yes, I put katsu sauce on the rice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads