• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In keeping with today's simple theme, and inspired by the recent discussion of white shirts:

With your moniker the slightly thinner tie looks about rite IMO. Wonderful fit overall too.

What do you guys think about this combination of colours and textures? Never tried it before

All a bit much, A, I think. And green + red (even lime green) = Xmas, by association. The proportions look nice. I'm inclined to say an FU SC like that wants pretty tame accessories.

I like the Michael Drake thing, great fit, but those loafers ... I just dunno. Trouser hem may be just a fraction too skinny? Could be just this shot.
First wear for these Epaulet Irish linen trousers:

Looking good as always CD
satisfied.gif

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Tchoy. Which cloth?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bleary-eyed Tuesday - a very early morning (1:30 AM) IT emergency - feh.

Suit - BB Fitzgerald
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - BB
PS - RLPL
Cufflinks - Wedgwood
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Penhaligon's Hamman Bouquet

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last Friday having lunch at my favorite Neapolitan pizza bar.

Engel & Co. Hatters Fedora
Rose & Born Suit
Thomas Pink Shirt
Ralph Lauren Polo Tie

Mama always said 'Don't eat anything bigger than your head'. Rocking suit T-man

Y2k14? this is incredible pre-emergency prep.

Last edited:

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
@Cotton Dockers
Just gotta say, them pants look way much better than old your Dockers. I think your look in that last pic was very good. I hated seeing them old Dockers.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@tchoy , small nit to pick, but I think it would look more proportional with slightly smaller cuffs.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wrong. Your eye is getting better, RTC, but his is several levels above where you are...

That would be a fair point, except I never compared his fits to any of mine.

In just that picture, the cuffs look quite tall given his height and the shoes. Perhaps it's the angle, but I can only judge from what I see.

I'm totally open to hear why you disagree though and I appreciate the compliment buried in there as well!

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're right, I should explain. When people are making a criticism, it's not just a matter of responding to a gut feeling or common sense. Our sense of aesthetics is not just innate, but the result of education and knowledge too. @tchoy 's look is perhaps the epitome of the classic look that many on SF claim that they are going for, but it could perhaps look a little off to those who've started off in the #menswear era of shorter, tighter jackets and lower-waisted, tapered trousers, or who are just still training their eye. @ridethecliche is a relatively new member, who will be the first to admit that he didn't really know all that much when he arrived here. He's learned a hell of a lot, but like all (or most) of us, he's still on a sharp upward learning curve. In that situation, I think it pays to step back and try to think about what it is that looks are trying to achieve. There's no harm in commenting and being wrong either though - it's one way of learning.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads